Acquisition Marketing Manager at BarkBox
New York, NY
Do paid search ads, display networks and keyword targeting make you howl? Is TrueView your True Love? Does a 6-pack o’ beer, your favorite pup, and a promoted content campaign sound like a nice little Thursday night? If you answered yes to these questions, we should chat.
Bark & Co. is a fast-growing business for people who absolutely love dogs. The Acquisition Marketing Manager will own a variety of paid acquisition channels on BarkBox and BarkShop, ranging from paid search and display to promoted content and new channel tests. You’re an analytical, hard-working digital campaign junkie that gets your fix by analyzing current/past campaigns, rolling out new creative and copy, identifying new ways to scale, and looking for ways to drive down CPAs across multiple channels.
This requires daily set-up, optimization, and analysis of multiple campaigns, following a direct response approach. Prioritization comes naturally to you. You will be responsible for managing the most efficient channels for BarkBox and will be working towards monthly and annual growth goals.
- Create, analyze, and optimize advertising on Google, Bing, and Yahoo Search, as well as a variety of display campaigns
- Test creatives, bids, placements, landing pages, and audiences to scale campaigns efficiently.
- Prioritize efforts and budgets to meet company goals.
- Generate weekly and monthly performance recaps.
- Coordinate copy and the banner ad design process with our in-house design team.
- Stay up to date on ad platform updates as they roll out. There is opportunity to expand into new channels as BarkBox grows and tests.
- 2+ years of experience with paid marketing channels and platforms, with paid search, display, and paid social as the most relevant skill sets
- Strong analytical skills with meticulous attention to detail. Data should speak to you.
- Familiarity with site testing tools like Optimizely and landing page optimization.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel: pivot tables, vlookup, etc.
- Experience managing and completing cross-team projects.
- Empathy, warmth, curiosity, humility, and a somewhat inappropriate sense of humor. Openness to poop jokes is a must.
- You have a dog and are obsessed with making dogs happy and healthy.
- Paid mobile experience.
- Email marketing experience.
- Affiliate marketing experience.
- Implementation of campaign automation using ad platform APIs.
- Previous experience in start-up environments.
- Photoshop skills.
- The overwhelming majority of your phone’s photo album is pictures of dogs - yours and everybody else’s.
Founded by Matt Meeker, Henrik Werdelin, and Carly Strife, Bark & Co. is a fast-growing company serving dogs and the humans who love them. We’re a company dedicated to the creation of products that foster the health and happiness of dogs everywhere.
Today, Bark & Co. consists of several major properties:
- BarkBox: A monthly subscription box of dog goodies
- BarkPost: Your daily dose of doggy news
- BarkShop: Spoil your pup with the very best
- BarkBuddy: Find fluffy adoptable singles in your area
This position is fulltime salaried position (with equity) and on-site at our amazing new 2-floor office in Manhattan, New York. We offer health insurance for both you and your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, and a dog to pet anytime you wish.
See All Jobs at BarkBox
Be a Better BarkBox Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BarkBox when you watch classes taught by their top employees.