Sourcing Specialist at BarkBox
New York, NY
- Independently solve problems and make decisions for strategic execution and tactical issues within the relevant portfolio of projects and/or processes.
- Procurement: Excellent knowledge of market analysis, sourcing category strategy, supplier relationship management ‘should-cost’ models, and negotiations, supplier continuous improvement programs/Lean Initiatives
- Initiate and maintain all cost sheets, negotiate costing at factory level, review cost breakdowns
- Seek out new suppliers when required based on introduction of new categories, replace under-performing suppliers and to established a diversified international supply chain
- Fluency in or Mandarin/Cantonese a plus
- Proficient in project management tools and techniques.
- Interface with all internal counterparts (tech, design, merchandising, planning, testing) and be the point person for the related categories
- Communicate daily with overseas and domestic agents, factories, and suppliers
- Work closely with the merchandising team for counter-sourcing and providing cost and timing targets
- 3-5 years’ experience sourcing physical products overseas
Pawferred candidate requirements:
- Experience in global sourcing, managing time and actions, and managing the product cycle from development to PO fulfillment
- Excellent communication, organizational and follow through skills
- Expertise in time and action calendars
- Strong vendor negotiation and relationship building experience.
About Bark & Co.
Bark & Co is, literally, for the dogs. We are obsessed with making dogs, and the people who love them, happy. If this requires giving belly scratches until we get carpal tunnel or listening to squeaky toys until our ears bleed, that’s cool.
We are the pups and people behind:
- BarkBox, the monthly box of toys and treats;
- BarkShop, to find puppy-tested, hooman-approved goodies;
- BarkPost, your daily dose of dog news; and
- BarkLive, for events that expand on the experiences you can share with your dog and other dog-ruvers.
This position is a full-time, salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in Manhattan, New York. We offer health insurance for both you and your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, and a dog to pet anytime you wish.
See All Jobs at BarkBox
Be a Better BarkBox Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BarkBox when you watch classes taught by their top employees.