Product Manager at BarkBox
New York, NY
Product Manager, Commerce
Do user interviews, product discovery, and prioritization make your tail wag? Do you spend weeknights cozied-up with your dog, a tasty beverage, and some fresh data? Do you find yourself constantly asking “What if there was an app for dogs that…” and wondering where all the other dog-crazy people are? If so, we should totally sniff butts (figuratively).
Bark & Co. is a fast-growing business for people who absolutely love dogs and want to build things to make dogs happy. The Product Manager will be tasked to make the magic happen. You will own some of the most vital business metrics for our Commerce business (BarkBox and BarkShop), ranging from conversion to retention to customer NPS. You’re an analytical and accountable product nerd that gets your fix by communicating across functional teams, juggling competing priorities, and building your vision for the bigger picture. Empathy comes naturally to you, and you’ll do whatever it takes to help your team succeed.
- Define product vision and strategy for core components of the Commerce business, like BarkBox and BarkShop, in a fast-paced environment.
- Accomplish high-level business objectives by breaking initiatives down into achievable plans for the team.
- Learn about and advocate for the user, gathering and sharing insights regularly.
- Prioritize and communicate product roadmap.
- Work closely with design and development partners to test, launch, and iterate features, tracking impact throughout the process.
- Collaborate with stakeholders constantly, ensuring best possible outcome for current and upcoming work.
- Manage cross-functional projects, focusing on ideation, discovery, and risk validation.
- 3+ years of experience in successful product development.
- E-commerce experience with both user-facing and operational features.
- Keen sense of design and ability to wire/prototype concepts.
- Strong analytical skills with mutticulous attention to detail. Data should speak to you.
- Working understanding of programming languages and frameworks.
- Empathy, optimism, curiosity, humility, and a somewhat inappropriate sense of humor. Openness to poop jokes is a must.
- You have a dog and are obsessed with making dogs happy and healthy.
- B.S. in computer science, product design, or product management.
- Previous experience in start-up environments.
- Product experience with native mobile and web applications.
- Your Instagram feed is all dogs all the time.
Founded by Matt Meeker, Henrik Werdelin, and Carly Strife, Bark & Co. is a fast-growing company serving dogs and the humans who love them. We’re a company dedicated to the creation of products that foster the health and happiness of dogs everywhere.
Today, Bark & Co. consists of several major properties:
- BarkBox: A monthly subscription box of dog goodies.
- BarkPost: Your daily dose of doggy news.
- BarkShop: Spoil your pup with the very best.
- BarkLive: The best doggone events in your area.
This position is fulltime salaried position (with equity) and on-site at our amazing new 2-floor office in Manhattan, New York. We offer health insurance for both you and your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, and a dog to pet anytime you wish.
See All Jobs at BarkBox
Be a Better BarkBox Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BarkBox when you watch classes taught by their top employees.