Licensed Customer Experience Associate at Betterment
About the right team member
You love interacting with people, fixing things, and are a master at the art of the analogy. You understand what it means to be a champion of a brand. You are the voice of the company for customers, and relish providing them with that “wow” moment. You understand what it is like to be a customer, and appreciate going above and beyond the call of duty to delight people and solve their problems.
You are interested in applying your financial knowledge to the world of customer experience, including engaging with customers and financial advisors on a daily basis. Learning about a client's financial situation interests you, as well as helping people to meet their goals. You are seeking a role that focuses on delivering sound advice, not sales, and one that puts the customer at the center of every interaction and decision. Selling products is for other people, educating and teaching is for you.
You are a very strong communicator, both written and verbal, with an eye for detail, and you demonstrate quick thinking and creative problem solving. You are interested in helping to improve our product, process and customer experience. No project or request is too small for you to conquer on your own or with your team.
- Conduct personal consultations with select customers, providing investment, retirement and tax advice to our customers, including analyzing financial information and assisting with financial decisions to help clients plan for short and long term savings and investment goals.
- Explain complex transactional and financial investment principles clearly.
- Deliver an above-and-beyond customer experience through multiple channels including phone, email, live chat.
- Troubleshoot customer issues and concerns, investigating why they happened, and communicating with multiple teams to find rapid resolutions.
- Act as the internal voice of the customer, offering insights to all areas of the business to help build a better product.
- Suggest improvements to company processes (e.g., website, FAQ, UI/UX, back office procedures, etc.).
We are seeking candidates who exhibit a strong desire to work in a fast-paced startup environment and who truly want to make a difference in the lives of our customers. Successful candidates will have:
- 2 - 4 years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- FINRA Series 65, Series 7 & 66 licensed or CFP Charterholder
- Prior experience working in financial services, retail banking, or customer service
- Tech savvy, specifically the ability to navigate multiple complex systems simultaneously to respond to customer inquiries
- Ability to understand complex financial documents and statements, and general knowledge of financial laws, insurance and legal restrictions
- Robust knowledge and familiarity with common wealth management strategies and their relative strengths and weaknesses
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Creative, with a breadth of interests, and an intrinsic initiative to learn new things
- Ability to adapt and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Impressive attention to detail and exceptional organization skills
- Available to work evenings and weekends regularly
- Know how to have a good time
- Graduate-level education in a related field
- Customer service, call center or related experience working with CRM systems (Salesforce, Jira, ZenDesk, Desk, ZoHo, etc.)
- Prior people management responsibility
Come join us
See All Jobs at Betterment
Be a Better Betterment Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Betterment when you watch classes taught by their top employees.