Head of Video (News) at BuzzFeed
We are looking for an experienced Head of Video to join our news team at BuzzFeed UK. The successful candidate will have proven success in news video, a passion for telling stories, and instrumental in shaping the strategy of our video output.
This job is based in London and is full-time. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits programme.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Producing a range of different treatments for news video, from clips to short-form explainers and longer pieces
- Training and working with a strong reporting team with varying experience in video
- Driving strategy of video and news across BuzzFeed UK
Ideal skills required:
- Proven track record of success in news video, preferably non-broadcast
- Demonstrable understanding of digital video and what works in different environments eg Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc.
- Understanding of how to find and tell stories in a variety of media
- Experimental nature with a test and prove approach
- A genuine love for and excitement about the internet.
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 18 cities around the world and more than 1300 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We infuse hard work and fun though a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and infusing hard work and fun. As an employee, you’ll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
See All Jobs at BuzzFeed
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.