Freelance Assistant Editor, Branded Video at BuzzFeed
Freelance Assistant Editor, Branded Video
BuzzFeed Video is searching for exceptional Freelance Assistant Editor to bring technical and organizational skills to our Branded Post-Production team.
- Assist Editors in trafficking, assessing and editing incoming footage.
- Format submitted content to fit into creative & platform guidelines
- Ensure that video/image/sound quality, size and placement meet technical requirements
- Edit and proofread copy and layouts per supervisor guidelines
- Responsible for ingesting, creating transcodes as well as synching, organizing & marking the footage per workflow specs
- Facilitate fact-checking, research, proofread, and implement appropriate edits for ongoing projects
- Preparing elements for delivery to third-party vendors for sound mix and color correction, as well as conforming vendor deliverables
- Bachelor degree in Film or Communication
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere Pro
- Must be comfortable with most video codecs and formats
- Must be comfortable working in After Effects, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Must have great communication skills and be able to give and receive critical feedback in a small team environment
- Must be meticulous, technical, organized, and creative at the same time
- Ability to work independently and under close direction
- Experienced in deadline driven environment and internet video
- Experience behind a camera and knowledge of lighting and sound design a plus
BuzzFeed is a global media company that produces and distributes original news, entertainment and video. BuzzFeed is redefining online advertising with its social, content-driven publishing technology and reaches a global audience of over 200M monthly uniques and 6B monthly video views.
See All Jobs at BuzzFeed
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.