Temp Junior Video Producer at BuzzFeed
Junior Video Producer, BuzzFeed Entertainment Group
BuzzFeed Video is looking for a creative and resourceful social video junkie who can create compelling original videos for any and all of our social pages. Must have high familiarity with the digital and pop cultural landscape with intimate knowledge of the latest and greatest in social media and emerging technology/platforms. Must love to experiment, be a multi-tasker that can tackle any deadline, and be budget conscious. Focuses on whatever works according to each platform. The ideal candidate has a background in independent video production and genuinely believes the internet and social media is an amazing place full of creative people doing incredible things.
This assignment is based out of our Minneapolis office and expected to be around 3 months with possibility for extension.
- Create, shoot, edit, and produce videos for any one of BuzzFeed’s social pages
- Excellent sense of pace and timing, a knowledge for the best ways to grab viewers, and a sense for how to tell a powerful story in as little time as possible.
- A love of experimentation and trying to tell stories in new and different ways
- Make creative, fun, and social-driven videos that people will like and share across our platforms
- Generate ideas for, and experiment with, new formats and content types
- Keep track of viral trends, create content around them, and analyze the results of your work
- 1-3 years of experience with video production and familiarity with DSLR cameras, lighting, and editing
- Strong passion for social media and all things internet (writing skills a plus)
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Premiere pro, Photoshop)
- A scrappy competitive drive -- you enjoy winning and really going for it no matter what tools you are provided with
- Ability to work on your own as well as in small teams
- Organized with your time and a solid understanding of how long your projects will take
- A positive, curious, playful disposition
- Multi-tasker who can turn-around projects quickly
**Please submit links to work with your application. We would love to see videos if you have any!**
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 18 cities around the world and more than 1300 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We infuse hard work and fun though a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and infusing hard work and fun. As an employee, you’ll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
See All Jobs at BuzzFeed
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.