Sr. Creative Resource Manager at BuzzFeed
Sr. Creative Resource Manager
Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Branded Operations, this position is responsible for ensuring alignment of resources to Branded programs, maintaining optimal resource utilization and the successful scale of our business.
This job is full-time, based in Los Angeles, and we offer competitive compensation and stock option program.
- Lead Resourcing team for all Branded Programs, including Post Creative and Video with teams in multiple locations
- Collaborate with creative leads, project managers/coordinators and operations manager to understand the staffing needs on all active projects, as well as the pipeline of potential upcoming projects
- Understand capabilities and interests of all internal resources
- Oversee resource assignments to both pitch and production projects promptly, while taking bandwidth, capabilities and interests into consideration
- Facilitate communication between team leads, project managers and resources to ensure projects are assigned or transitioned effectively
- Solicit feedback on the resourcing process and make adjustments as needed
- Maintain and provide on-going reporting on resource utilization, availability and forecasting
- Thorough understanding of all product offerings and internal processes in order to best facilitate resourcing strategy
- Minimum 5 years professional experience, with at least 2 years experience as a resource manager in an agency, production or visual effects environment
- Experience managing direct reports
- Thorough understanding of video pre-production, production and post-production resource requirements
- Knowledge and passion for social and viral advertising
- Strong communication, written and presentation skills required
- Superior organization and multitasking skills
- Patient and positive attitude
- Demonstrated understanding of the content creation ecosystem
- Ability to work under pressure and with many styles of executives, communicators, program managers and subject matter experts, both at the corporate and business levels
- Experience with project management software required (experience using OmniGraffle a plus!)
- Experience in talent recruitment a big plus, but not required.
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 18 cities around the world and more than 1300 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We infuse hard work and fun though a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and infusing hard work and fun. As an employee, you’ll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
See All Jobs at BuzzFeed
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.