Junior Analyst at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed is looking for a smart, detail-oriented Jr. Analyst to help support the operations for BuzzFeed Entertainment Group. This is an ideal position for a data-driven individual, who is eager to master YouTube analytics, Facebook Insights and think about ways to optimize online content production and distribution. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a dynamic start-up environment, will bring energy and passion to everything they do, and will not be afraid to roll up his/her sleeves to tackle large data sets and challenging analytical assignments.
The Jr. Analyst will report directly to the Director of Video Insights and will need to routinely interface with BuzzFeed’s internal divisions. Strong quantitative and verbal skills are a must.
The position is based in our LA office, and we offer competitive compensation and benefits. Not to mention – a super collaborative work environment overflowing with perks ranging from snacks and drinks.
- Create, develop, and maintain databases that track video performance
- Produce daily and weekly reports with sophisticated analysis of our video trends and those of competitors
- Help to improve cross-departmental communication and business efficiencies
- Assist with analytical research to assess new business opportunities
- Develop a thorough understanding of BuzzFeed’s video products and brand offerings
- Assist with quantitative projections and modeling necessary to optimize content and workflow
- B.A. degree required, preferably with a business focus
- Minimum 1-2 yrs work experience in a quantitative or highly analytical role
- Mastery of Microsoft Excel and highly proficient in Keynote/Powerpoint
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- High level of attention to detail, excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize demands and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated interest in Technology, E-Business and Online Video
- Ability to thrive and be highly effective in a fast-paced and fluid environment, as well as situations of ambiguity and uncertainty - (We're a startup, come up with an approach to solve the challenge rather than just state it.)
- Experience with analysis tools like R or Pandas and scripting languages (preferably Python) is a plus.
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 18 cities around the world and more than 1300 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We infuse hard work and fun though a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and infusing hard work and fun. As an employee, you’ll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
See All Jobs at BuzzFeed
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.