Video Fellowship - Nifty at BuzzFeed
Full Time, Paid Fellowship
BuzzFeed Video is looking for creative and resourceful Nifty Fellow who can learn from our producers and create compelling short form hack, home, science, craft, and other lifestyle video content for the web and other digital platforms. Must be a native of the digital and pop cultural landscape with intimate knowledge of the latest and greatest in social media, content and emerging technology/platforms.
This is a full-time paid fellowship and based in New York.
- Edit video on Adobe Premiere
- Assist with video shoots (must be comfortable using DSLRs)
- Produce video shoots independently
- Research, conceptualize, and create original projects and hacks
- Record sound
- Set up basic lighting configurations
- Go on runs for the team
- Participate in brainstorms and ideation
- Handle uploads and administrative tasks
- A genuine interest in what makes content shareable and viral
- Experience in creating tutorials and other how-to videos (professional experience is a plus)
- Highly interested in DIY, home, science, hacks, organization and other lifestyle video content
- Strong understanding of video metrics and how that information can influence future concepts.
- Ability to work quickly and independently
- Experience with DSLR cameras, sound and lighting equipment
- On set experience is a plus
- A competitive drive -- you enjoy winning and really going for it
- Ability to take direction and work in a dynamic environment
- A positive, curious, playful disposition (no haters)
**Please submit links to work with your application**
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 18 cities around the world and more than 1300 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We infuse hard work and fun though a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and infusing hard work and fun. As an employee, you’ll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
See All Jobs at BuzzFeed
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.