Video Fellowship - Production & Coordination at BuzzFeed
Full Time, Paid Fellowship
BuzzFeed Video is looking for a resourceful Production & Coordination Fellow for their NY Office. BuzzFeed video is the first production company focused exclusively on social content. (www.youtube.com/buzzfeedvideo)
This is a full-time, paid fellowship based in BuzzFeed’s headquarters in New York City overflowing with perks from unlimited coffee and snacks to free lunch twice a week!
- Handle accounting coding for editorial video expenses
- Process payroll paperwork for editorial video cast/crew members
- Responsible for maintaining stockpile of accounting forms / packets
- Responsible for upkeep of appearance/location release database
- Support video producers with prop orders and runs
- Support video producers and staff with equipment set up, shoot support, and equipment break-downs
- Assist production team with video equipment and studio management, check outs, and upkeep
- Assist production team with casting process for editorial video shoots (posting to casting websites, booking talent)
- Assist production team with researching potential shooting locations and negotiating rates
- Assist production team with producer travel and accommodation planning and booking
- Assist production team with tracking producer slates and video workflow
- Assist production team with daily check-ins with Producer/Creative staff as needed
- Self-identified logistics master
- Has experience with Movie Magic Budgeting, Scheduling, Scenechronize or comparable budgeting and scheduling software
- Impeccable time management skills, ability to multi-task / prioritize projects with sensitive deadlines
- This position is approximately 40 hours a week.
- Ability to work in high pressure, fast paced production environment
- Ability to adapt to last-minute changes in schedules / plans
- Excellent written verbal communication skills
- Self-starter that is able to see a task through all stages until completion
- Ability to work independently with a team
- Must have 2 years production experience
- A genuine interest in what makes content shareable and viral
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 18 cities around the world and more than 1300 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We infuse hard work and fun though a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and infusing hard work and fun. As an employee, you’ll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
See All Jobs at BuzzFeed
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.