Director, Insights Marketing (Los Angeles) at BuzzFeed
Reporting to the VP of Research & Insights, this role requires both strategic and tactical skill sets. You will work across several research functions, marketing, PR, and our Data Scientists to craft our story. This person needs to have a successful track record as a researcher, intellectual curiosity, proficiency at problem-solving, and a strong command of digital and social media. The candidate must have a proven track record in how to market insights for other social media platforms and familiarity with what press will write about.
- Strategically build and brand the insights function inside and outside of BuzzFeed
- Work collaboratively across insights, data/tech, and PR to orchestrate how data is visualized, messaged, and pushed out to be most effective for the company, for sellers, advertisers and press
- Work closely with the VP of insights, to co-create strong pieces of thought leadership to message and showcase BuzzFeed's narrative
- Lead the distribution of insights with strong visualization, vision, and passion
- Work on external partners in the secondary research space to seed BuzzFeed insights and create opportunities for speaking and contributing to bylines/press for BuzzFeed
- A strong understanding of research. Having experience as a researcher is a must, especially one with sales experience
- Experience working with PR, creative, & B2B marketing
- Ability to take the data beyond the facts to what it means and why we should care
- Ability to analyze and translate data-based findings into clear, relevant insights and express those insights with passion and brevity, both visually and verbally
- Ability to push vision and strategy across the organization for examples
- Advanced knowledge of Excel a must. Advanced PowerPoint or Keynote skills
- Proven ability to design, manage and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of native advertising and current trend in the digital marketplace
- 5-8 years of experience in research, data analysis, or marketing
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 18 cities around the world and more than 1300 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We infuse hard work and fun though a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and infusing hard work and fun. As an employee, you’ll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
See All Jobs at BuzzFeed
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.