Temp Social Media Editor at BuzzFeed
Social Media Editor
We’re looking for a Social Media Editor. This person will monitor trends on social media, collaborate with content creators on video production, and contribute to the testing and learning of our content on social media. The social media editor will work with producers to help create and give feedback on videos that are inspired by trending topics or subjects that have proven to perform well on Facebook or Twitter.
The ideal candidate should also be able to understand and summarize how and why certain videos blow up — where did they take off, what makes them special, why are they worth sharing?
This job requires 1-3 years experience running social accounts for a major publisher or brand. The ideal candidate is organized and detail-oriented, enthusiastic about social media and all things BuzzFeed. We're looking for a trend-obsessed self-starter with excellent judgement and communication skills.
This job is temporary and based in our Minneapolis office.
- Monitor discussions, posts, and comments across multiple Facebook pages and other social media channels
- Send a daily digest of trending topics to producers and content creators
- Inform producers and content creators of frames and formats that are performing well.
- Brainstorm with producers and create content based on what is currently trending
- Use knowledge of online video to present our videos in the most shareable way, helping them to have the biggest reach and impact
- Generate ideas for Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, and more
- 1-3 years of experience online writing/editing/curating on the web. Experience with video production a major plus!
- Understanding of the digital landscape and a proven interest in keeping up to date with developments in web platforms and applications
- Knowledge of the online video ecosystem
- Native Tumblr, Vimeo, Twitter, Vine, Instagram, YouTube and Reddit user
- Deep enthusiasm for finding, sharing, and writing about videos from the deepest trenches of the web
- Deep understanding of how titling and thumbnails can effect a videos performance
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Must have excellent writing skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- No formal cover letters, please. Instead, include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this particular position. We’d also like you to share 3-5 links to BuzzFeed posts published within the last year that you think did really well on social media, and explain why.
- Provide links to your social media accounts or personal blog
- Attach a resume
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 18 cities around the world and more than 1300 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We infuse hard work and fun though a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and infusing hard work and fun. As an employee, you’ll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
See All Jobs at BuzzFeed
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.