Junior Creative at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed Oz is seeking a Junior Creative to join its Sydney office to develop custom branded content for its commercial partners. We’re looking for a creative-minded individual with both writing and graphic design capabilities, who is passionate about both digital media and native advertising. BuzzFeed doesn’t run banner ads: we create thrilling work that brings together an advertiser and our audience.
Primarily, this role is focused on writing and producing exciting advertising that is just as delightful, interesting, original, and engaging as BuzzFeed’s editorial content. The ideal candidate is comfortable being involved in every part of the creative process — from generating ideas for a variety of formats and types of brands, to participating in client-facing communication and meetings, and handling rounds of revisions with ease and a smile.
In addition to writing and design experience, a well-rounded creative background and variety of interests — whether it’s a uni course on video editing, a Tumblr full of comics, or an iPhone game you coded for fun — is a major plus. Mostly we’re looking for people from a variety of backgrounds who are optimistic, energetic, and imaginative to join a fun and growing team at the vanguard of an incredibly exciting global shift in advertising.
This position is based in our Sydney office. We offer competitive compensation and a stock option program.
Develop and execute original branded content, which includes ideation, writing and creating high-quality GIFs
Develop outstanding designs, animations, and illustrations for branded content on BuzzFeed
Brainstorm and work collaboratively across the Creative department to generate proactive formats and ideas to pitch to our partners
Pitch ideas — both internally and to clients directly
Work closely with our sales and account management teams to ensure that the brands needs are met and that communication is clear and open
Work on tight deadlines and across multiple teams to deliver work that exceeds expectations on time, every time
1-3 years creative agency and/or editorial experience
The ability to write funny, original content that adapts to suit different audiences, subjects and brand TOV
A diverse portfolio of original creative work
Strong sense of design, color, and typography
Proficiency with Photoshop and Illustrator
A passion for advertising and design — with the ability to write, edit, visualize and champion ideas for brands
An interest in and deep knowledge of the social web, including experience producing visual work for a variety of apps and social networks
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We currently have an opening for VP, Real Estate, Facilities and Security reporting to the Chief Financial Officer and based on our LA campus.
Our ideal candidate is a solutions-oriented, strategic thinker who can identify and execute solutions to support the demands of a global digital business that is growing quickly. You are able to navigate between strategic vision and management and you are willing to roll up your sleeves to execute on projects as needed.
You should have existing project/people management and leadership experience and are willing to partner closely with internal/external partners as well as other cross functional leads to ensure there is alignment and collaboration.
- Own current and develop future property portfolio strategy and tactics for BuzzFeed to balance growth ahead of need.
- Take ownership for construction projects ensuring sensible scope, timetable, quality, cost; provisioning of all consultants, vendors and suppliers while managing financial elements of construction projects, partnering closely with finance team.
- Create and implement services that impact and add value to the organization as a whole. Use and maintain the existing workspace and amenities to add to the “top line” of business priorities by providing a safe and comfortable workplace while also maintaining efficient spend on the “bottom line” capex and opex costs.
- Unify and provide strategic direction and leadership to a facilities team (insourced and outsourced) who oversee both building operations (repairs and maintenance, HVAC, porterage, janitorial, etc.) and manage the daily operations of the site (space set-ups, occupancy planning and moves, security, EH&S programs, reception and mail services, etc.).
- Build strong relationships and influence business leaders (and their delegates) through timely, relevant, thorough and tailored communication that demonstrate an ability to balance the short-term and long-term needs of the business.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience preferred
- Significant direct experience in facilities Management, real estate, and workplace services experience
- Demonstrated experience partnering with other business units to meet company goals.
- Extensive experience developing and managing budgets.
- Proven success in managing global properties and leading global cross functional teams
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 18 cities around the world and more than 1300 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We infuse hard work and fun though a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and infusing hard work and fun. As an employee, you’ll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
See All Jobs at BuzzFeed
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.