Lead Front-End Engineer at Greenhouse
Greenhouse is hiring our first Front-End Engineer to join our growing tech team. We’re looking for someone ambitious who will take the lead in tackling new and challenging problems and help set the direction of front-end engineering at Greenhouse.
We want to bring consumer interaction and design to our product - your work will impact the workflows and day-to-day of 10,000+ users and you’ll significantly influence the redesign of our UI. As the first front-end engineer at Greenhouse, you’ll work on improving existing features and building a new platform and you’ll have the time and resources to write intentionally beautiful, scalable, and reusable code. We’re looking for someone who is comfortable diving into a project and working independently and who can also collaborate closely with other engineers and designers to contribute to our product and customer-driven culture.
In the past year, we’ve started to move from a monolithic application to distributed web services, switched our hosting from Heroku to AWS, and built a test suite with 12k+ tests covering our system; but we’re just getting started with scaling challenges.
What you will do:
- Redesign and improve our existing UI, making our application more interactive, performant, and unified
- Architect and build a UI platform of reusable and responsive components that other engineers will use for feature development
- Work closely with developers, designers, and product managers to design and implement versatile and elegant solutions to complex problems
- Mentor other engineers on front-end best practices and set standards for the team
You should have:
- Familiarity with a variety of front-end frameworks like Angular, React, Ember, Backbone and the ability to evaluate new tools and make strategic recommendations
- A strong design sense and knowledge of how product design affects UI/UX
- Experience developing large-scale, complex web applications and an appreciation for pragmatic and and well-tested code
- Experience with Ruby or another back-end programming language (a plus)
Pay, Perks & Such:
At Greenhouse, we take care of our employees, and it shows. We're proud to say that Greenhouse was named Glassdoor's #1 Best Place to Work for 2017, as well as Crain's New York Business's 2015 and 2016 Best Places to Work! We provide competitive salaries, stock options and a full slate of benefits including health coverage, an FSA, a 401K plan, pre-tax commuter benefits and a parental leave program. We invest in our people to ensure that they have everything needed to excel on the job, and we pride ourselves on a collaborative culture, which includes monthly company get-togethers like our CEO's "Ask Me Anything" and All Hands meetings. We're a distributed company with our headquarters in New York and a growing office in San Francisco.
Our philosophy is to empower ourselves and each other to do the best work of our careers. Come join us!
See All Jobs at Greenhouse
Be a Better Greenhouse Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Greenhouse when you watch classes taught by their top employees.