Director of Ad Operations at Grindr
Why work at Grindr?
Grindr is among the top highest grossing apps in the iOS App Store and boasts some of the most engaged users across all social networking apps. We offer a constantly evolving, agile startup environment that enables and rewards innovation, teamwork, and diligence.
Situated right in the heart of West Hollywood, we're one of the top location-based mobile social app on the market, and we cater to a massive user base of 2.7 MM active daily users in 243 countries and territories around the world. We're constantly pivoting as a company; since our inception in 2009, we've been dedicated to finding new and better ways to connect people using mobile technology.
We offer a lot of perks, stock options, and a collaborative, fun office filled with healthy snacks and friendly people.
Take a look at what Grindr has been up to lately! http://bit.ly/GrindrGrowsUp
Also, check out how we teamed up with The White House to combat inequalities faced by the LGBTQ community at http://bit.ly/hackforequality
The Director Ad Operations is responsible for the day-to-day management of Ad Operations and Campaign Management. This role will work with the Brand Partnerships, Marketing and Product teams to ensure campaigns deliver flawlessly for our advertising clients. This person should be passionate and knowledgeable about digital media and ad products and excels at working efficiently within a high-paced changing environment while driving ongoing operational efficiencies through process optimization, automation, and business rules. This position will report to the company’s VP, Brand Partnerships and Advertising and is based in West Hollywood, CA.
- Manage and lead a team of traffickers who are responsible for direct sales across all platforms
- Establish best practices for streamlined trafficking and flawless delivery, lead troubleshooting of technical issues and serve as the conduit to the technology team for escalations, facilitate communication between Ad Operations, Account Management, creative services, finance, and ad sales
- Own ad specification documentation and ensure team is adhering to quality guidelines
- Oversee and manage financial on-boarding of customers, revenue flow, and interface with financial and accounting teams to ensure proper and accurate accounting of accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Manage Ad Operations and Campaign Management teams on all elements related to successful campaign delivery. This includes, but is not limited to: specifications, submission, quality control, ad trafficking, debugging, IO fulfillment, discrepancy management, and inventory needs management across multiple platforms.
- Continuously focus on ensuring revenue retention, increasing renewal rates and advertising spend, and apply campaign optimization strategies
- Own ad specification documentation and ensure team is adhering to quality guidelines serving as main point of contact and/or escalation for technical issues related to ad functions including rich media, technology vendors, demand and supply partners
- Identify and fully resolve any problem relating to ad setup, serving, performance optimization, inventory and margin optimization and tracking, and metrics analysis and interpretation
- Ensure ongoing campaign success through regular performance analysis and optimization Interpret, analyze and make recommendations against advertising metrics. (CPM, CPC, CPI, CPD)
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience, 7+ years working at a major publisher or ad network in an Ad Operations capacity, including 2-3 years functional management experience with strong leadership and charisma that inspires team members to reach their potential
- Expert knowledge of third party ad technologies, trafficking, ad tags, tracking pixels, etc. Familiarity with MoPub a plus
- Experience with integrated, custom and branded/native ad campaigns and an understanding of digital viewability standards and tracking tags
- Experience scaling effective Ad Operations and/or Account Management teams
- Strong quantitative, analytical & problem-solving skills. Diligent with a strong attention to detail and ability to resolve problems quickly
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a cross-functional team and ability to participate both technical and non-technical discussions
Benefits & Perks
- Full coverage medical and dental insurance
- Unlimited sick policy
- Competitive Salaries and Options
- Catered lunch, every day
- Stocked kitchen
- Free on-site parking
- Casual dress environment
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to Grindr without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.
See All Jobs at Grindr
Be a Better Grindr Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Grindr when you watch classes taught by their top employees.