Marketing Specialist at Grindr
HQ - West Hollywood
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to Grindr without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.
Why work at Grindr?
Grindr is among the top highest grossing apps in the iOS App Store and boasts some of the most engaged users across all social networking apps. We offer a constantly evolving, agile startup environment that enables and rewards innovation, teamwork, and diligence.
Situated right in the heart of West Hollywood, we're one of the top location-based mobile social app on the market, and we cater to a massive user base of 2.7 MM active daily users in 243 countries and territories around the world. We're constantly pivoting as a company; since our inception in 2009, we've been dedicated to finding new and better ways to connect people using mobile technology.
We offer a lot of perks, stock options, and a collaborative, fun office filled with healthy snacks and friendly people. Take a look at what Grindr has been up to lately! http://bit.ly/GrindrGrowsUp
Also, check out how we teamed up with White House to combat inequalities faced by the LGBTQ community at http://bit.ly/hackforequality
The Marketing Specialist will work alongside our Marketing team to help translate the Grindr marketing strategy into digital activation, leading and crafting Grindr’s social strategy; collaborating within the department and company to assist in creating content for our digital platforms. As the Marketing Specialist you will have an active role in our multi-disciplinary digital marketing team, reporting directly to the Head of Digital Marketing.
- Approach all strategic work with a global mindset to serve Grindr’s business objectives around the world
- Establish and achieve audience development goals in partnership with the Head of Digital Marketing; identifying opportunities for growth into new markets and platforms
- Identify and recommend content and platform management tools to increase efficiency and maintain quality
- Create and maintain an editorial calendar across touch points including social media, website, and paid placements, monitoring the activity
- Liaise across the marketing department (design, copywriting, art, etc.) to produce and create content for our digital platforms directing the execution of social media content, promotions, applications, and activations
- Platform management: ensure platform use accuracy based on content evaluation, role, purpose, and intended channel; guiding overall marketing team on how various platforms can be leveraged to achieve acquisition, engagement, and other business objectives
- Liaise and coordinate with Pubic Relations agency on user focused events and campaigns
- BA degree in Journalism, Communication, Marketing, Public Relations, or related field preferred
- 3+ years of experience working in an influential agency setting
- Must have a high EQ; must have clear insight and ability to understand target community, have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills as well as strong presentation skills (speaking and visual design)
- Demonstrable success within digital and social media platforms for multiple brands or entertainment properties that involved strategic planning and marketing of active digital communities
- A strong understanding of how and where content performs best; a content procurement expert who can identify what will work and why for a particular audience
- Detail-oriented with particular attention to grammatical and graphical excellence
- Multi-tasker extraordinaire; ability to identify the common goal and the many paths to success
- Strong understanding of how to engage with digital analytics platforms
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the team including executive leadership and other stakeholders
Benefits & Perks
- Full coverage medical and dental insurance
- Unlimited sick policy
- Competitive Salaries and Options
- Catered lunch, every day
- Stocked kitchen
- Free on-site parking
- Casual dress environment
See All Jobs at Grindr
Be a Better Grindr Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Grindr when you watch classes taught by their top employees.