Lead Android Developer at Grindr
HQ - West Hollywood
Why work at Grindr?
Grindr is among the top highest grossing apps in the iOS App Store and boasts some of the most engaged users across all social networking apps. We offer a constantly evolving, agile startup environment that enables and rewards innovation, teamwork, and diligence.
Situated right in the heart of West Hollywood, we're one of the top location-based mobile social app on the market, and we cater to a massive user base of 2.6 MM active daily users in 243 countries and territories around the world. We're constantly pivoting as a company; since our inception in 2009, we've been dedicated to finding new and better ways to connect people using mobile technology.
We offer a lot of perks, stock options, and a collaborative, fun office filled with healthy snacks and friendly people.
Take a look at what Grindr has been up to lately! http://bit.ly/GrindrGrowsUp
Also, check out how we teamed up with White House to combat inequalities faced by the LGBTQ community at Hack4Equality.com
Grindr needs an Android Developer / Team Lead to create the next generation of Android native apps. You will be developing, creating, coding, and collaborating to facilitate connections between our vast, geographically distributed user base, while leading a team of developers. This is not a resource management position - this is an opportunity to be a hands-on developer while growing your leadership and mentoring abilities.
- Develop features for an internationally recognized mobile app used by 7+ million worldwide
- Develop and support a mobile application platform for Android
- Work in a full-stack team, managing, mentoring, and developing junior team members
- Play a key role in architectural and strategic decisions
- Work with QA teams to provide testing frameworks across multiple mobile platforms
- Work with product and user experience teams to develop and translate mobile experience guidelines across multiple platforms and devices
- At least 5 years of dedicated Android experience with experience submitting apps to Google Play Store or Amazon Appstore
- The ability to lead, Inspire and continuously develop your team
- Fluency in design patterns and good engineering practices
- Experience implementing RESTful APIs
- Advanced Java development experience and expert knowledge of the Android SDK
- The ability to establish rapport with other development teams, Product Owners, QA’s and others to maintain high levels of visibility, efficiency, and collaboration
- Self-motivated with the ability to drive features to delivery
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and listening skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience, preferred
Benefits & Perks
- Full coverage medical and dental insurance
- Unlimited sick policy
- Competitive Salaries and Options
- Catered breakfast, every day
- Stocked kitchen
- Free on-site parking
- Casual dress environment
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to Grindr without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm
See All Jobs at Grindr
Be a Better Grindr Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Grindr when you watch classes taught by their top employees.