Join the Movement and Bring Your Kit to Work Day
May 24, 2018
I hope you’re in a good mood on account of the approaching holiday weekend. For the NYers out there, I know you’re in a good mood because it is absolutely delightful outside.
It’s an opportune time to find you in a good mood because I really need your help.
Why are you helping?
- First, there are 150 million children surviving on the streets around the world and together, with very little effort, we can help… meaningfully.
- Second, though this is a reality we don’t experience in our daily lives, despite the 2 million children on the streets in our own country, it’s a terrible reality globally and no nation is better equipped to help than the United States and no organization more relevant than the charity this campaign supports, Street Child United (US site).
- Lastly, and far less important, it would mean a lot to me.
Here’s how you can help: It’s simple, I expect many of your employees will love it, and you’ll be saving the lives of children around the world.
- Wear a soccer jersey to work on June 14th for the first-ever Bring Your Kit to Work Day, raising awareness and funds for the 150 million kids surviving on the streets. Don’t have a jersey? Get creative, like this fella:
- Please take it one small step further and snap a photo of the jersey you’re going to wear and post to LinkedIn ASAP to help get others involved. Hashtag #BringYourKitToWorkDay and tag @Street Child United, our charity partner.
- Take inspiration from two professional soccer players and renowned ballerina, Ingrid Silva:
- Encourage your company to embrace Bring Your Kit to Work Day & tag coworkers, colleagues and influencers to do the same.
Thanks in advance for your help.
HIRING FOR HR ROLES? Have your HR jobs featured in this email. For free.
HOT OFF THE PRESS:
- Lots of HR roles (London, Toronto, NYC) – Index Exchange (joining my pal, Amanda Keleher)
- People Ops & Employee Services Manager (NYC) – The Sill (D2C houseplants)
- Professional Services Recruiter (NYC) – MongoDB
- Senior Recruiter (NYC) – Merrill
OTHER HR & TA JOBS:
- VP, People (Santa Monica) – Tala
- Sr. Recruiter (Brooklyn) – UncommonGoods
- Head of People (Redwood City) – Branch Metrics
- Sourcer (Ireland) – Hortonworks
- Recruiting Ops Manager (SF) – Gusto
- Employee Experience Specialist (NYC) – XO Group
Recent Uncubed Posts
Uncubed & Mediabistro’s Statement on Social Injustice
An excellent company response + best resume I’ve ever seen + 3 self-educating reads + managing a team through political trauma + 8-minute-webinars
Activating white privilege + Being an ally for Black colleagues + “The Look” + STEM job fair + Being Black in today’s workplace