Check out our new look + Office of the future + Clubhouse + Top HR questions to ask yourself for 2021 + Difference between recruiting & TA
February 11, 2021
Plus, terrifying news (from 2011)
At times I look at my toaster and think “I wish instead of toasting this sandwich, you could just clone it”. I had a “clone my sandwich” moment today. So tasty. Not enough.
In other news, Uncubed has a new look! We’ve updated our logo (here’s a parody of the last time we updated it) and relaunched our website to reflect the 2021 version of ourselves. The only thing missing is our new Uncubed Studios site, which will be live next week. Stay tuned.
In personal news, big week for artificial and natural repairs. In addition to our website, I took my car to the auto body shop to fix the damage inflicted when I hit a deer back in December. In human repair news, I’m getting an MRI on my knee tomorrow afternoon to see what the issue is there!
New Year New Everything!
In HR news, i’m keeping my eyes and ears peeled for what will be the inevitable onslaught of “office of the future” designs that honor the flexible work-life we now expect, while encouraging people to pop on into an office from time to time. If you have anything excellent to share on this front, please do.
Last week I wanted to learn which downside of remote work worries you the most as it relates to your employees. Here are the results:
- 41% Working too many hours
- 30.5% Not seeing coworkers face to face
- 24.5% Not taking enough breaks
- 4% Failure to get work done properly
- 0% Not enough management oversight
This week: We’ve received multiple requests to get a Clubhouse room going. So, let’s see what you’re thinking on that front:
I’m on Clubhouse and looking for better HR / Employer Branding content
I’m on Clubhouse and have already found great HR / Employer Branding content
I’m not on Clubhouse, but want to be (requires invite)
I have no interest in joining Clubhouse
I’ve never heard of Clubhouse
*As always, your answer is 100% anonymous, even to me.
REMINDER: TO POST AN HR JOB, CLICK THE LINK AT THE TOP
Below are weekly reads, watches, and/or listens:
- READ AND ATTEND (SOCIAL CHANGE): This is just a reminder that all BIPOC-owned and led businesses are eligible to receive a 60% discount on our job boards. That includes HR postings here, Mediabistro job postings here, and Uncubed postings here.
- Also – how brands can sustain the BLM movement in 2021.
- READ THIS (REMOTE WORK): In the new world of work, here’s an article on a few key questions you should be asking yourself this year.
- READ THIS (EMPLOYER BRANDING): Here’s a must read article from Forbes (rare, I know) about the need for CEOs to involve marketers in employer branding.
- READ THIS (EMPLOYER BRANDING): In case you’ve wondered or needed a better understanding of how recruitment and talent acquisition were different, you may find this article useful.
- WATCH THIS (EMPLOYER BRANDING): I catalog this into employer branding because it’s the CEO sitting in the middle of a Swedish wheat field singing a terrible song about his product. This is one of my favorite companies on Earth and maybe that’s why they can do no wrong for me. They’re true to their origins and identity, even against the pressures of conforming to a more phony corporate and personal identity. It comes through in all of their branding, customer facing or otherwise.
- ALWAYS UNRELATED (COVID): This week a friend of mine emailed me and said “I found this Gizmodo article you sent me back in 2011″. It starts like this: “In his Netherlands laboratory, virologist Ron Fouchier was experimenting with the avian flu virus to see how it could become even more virulent”. If you’re in the mood to shake your head in disbelief, then definitely read it.
Bye for now,
FEATURED HR & TALENT JOBS
- Chief People Officer (NYC) – Eden Health – Email me if interested
- Director, Talent Life Cycle Processes – Persado
- Recruitment Partner (NYC) – Accordion Partners
- Talent Acquisition Specialist (Jersey City) – Infobip
- Recruiter, Revenue (NYC) – Vox Media
- Corporate Recruiter (Charlotte) – Townsquare Interactive
- Director of Talent & HR (NYC) – IDEO.org
- Contract Sr. Tech Recruiter (SF) – Quantcast
- Director, Talent Acquisition (NYC) – Glossier
- Talent Recruiter (Austin) – Favor
- Sr. Sales Recruiter (Remote) – Drift
Employer Branding & DE&I
- Sr. Manager, Recruitment Enablement & Programs (Denver) – Contentful
- Talent Brand Lead (NYC) – Squarespace
- Diversity & Inclusion Program Specialist (NYC) – Blink Health
- Recruitment Marketing Events Manager (Remoe) – Twilio
- Talent Brand Manager (Glendale) – ServiceTitan
- Diversity Sourcer, Sales & Marketing (NYC) – Dataminr
HR & People
- Int’l Benefits Specialist (Remote) – Yelp
- HR & Office Manager (Singapore) – LeaseWeb
- People Ops Specialist (Austin) – Cloudflare
- HR Generalist (Tel Aviv) – SimilarWeb
- HR Business Partner (Phoenix) – ThreadUp
- Sr. HR Generalist (SF) – IndieGogo
- Sr. HR Manager (Brooklyn) – UncommonGoods
- Head of Total Rewards (Remote) – Getaround
Companies with multiple HR Jobs:
Recent Uncubed Posts
Be better at diversity recruiting + Pipeline D&I fails + Unifying your employer & customer brand + Creating remote work boundaries
A feel-good story + Big Data & diversity + Being yourself at work + Uptick your employer reputation + Video on employee pay
Unlikely Employer Brand winner + Career aspirations from a 9 year old + The working parent COVID life + Instagram recruiting + Employee models