Hilarious job titles + Anti-Racism training + Exec-level D&I jobs + LinkedIn’s ATS + Hire talented young engineers + Where to live your remote life.
June 25, 2020
Plus some more must reads on race-relations...
TLDR: Poll on Anti-Racism training, More must-reads on race relations, Exec-level D&I jobs, Hilarious job titles, Hire talented young engineers on 7/16, LinkedIn’s ATS, Discussing race-relations in the workplace, Where to live your remote life.
Yet another Thursday has begun.
It turns out that sharing that personal story last week did help quite a few readers (exactly 50, it seems). Thanks to all of you who replied – I shared that love with my wife.
I imagine that many of you in NYC are happy to see some socialization happening on the streets, now that restaurants are able to provide sit-down dining outdoors. It’s nice to see people eating outdoors, throughout the neighborhood. It would be great if this became a permanent fixture for many of these restaurants. They could use the boost.
Another favored pastime to return is Premier League Footy, and the return of my beloved Liverpool – a team that could win their first league title in 30 years today (if Manchester City tie or lose).
I’d wager <1% of you care about that previous paragraph, so I’ll carry on with the useful stuff now.
For starters, I’m going to begin including a weekly poll in these emails. By clicking an answer, your response is recorded anonymously. No additional steps are needed.
Today’s poll: Does your company have plans on incorporating mandatory anti-racisism training for all employees?
Yes, we've already implemented this training
Yes, we are in the planning stages
Yes, but we haven't begun planning yet
No, we do not have plans to incorporate mandatory anti-racist training
The topic of race relations will remain interwoven throughout this weekly email, leading off with suggested reading and providing any related events or content. We’ll start today with this children’s rendition of a popular Civil Right’s song, “Keep Your Eyes on the Prize” (H/T to Calila, my daughter, who is in the mix):
- SUGGESTED READING ON JUSTICE & EQUITY: I’ve been reading Ibram Kendi’s book on How to Be an Anti-Racist. Now, with the help of reader, Ariana Baldomero, I’m recommending another of Kendi’s books, Stamped from the Beginning. You can also watch Ibram Kendi speak on Ted.com. The Philadelphia Inquirer shared this article on how we can all unlearn systematic racism (it’s quick and worth reading the whole thing).
- ATTEND THIS (RELATED): Register for this webinar from The Conference Board on Creating Space for Race-Based Discussions in the Workplace.
- APPLY TO THESE (RELATED): My relatively new pal Joe, over at ExecThread, has listed out some exec-level D&I opportunities. Check them out.
- REVIEW THIS (RELATED): Thanks to Hung Lee for resharing this evidence-based guide for driving diversity & inclusion in your workplace.
- VIEW THIS (UNRELATED HUMOR): Another H/T to Hung for sharing this often hilarious, sometimes inappropriate Reddit feed on unique job titles. Note, some titles are NSFW.
- HAVE A LOOK (NEW BIZ): Congrats to reader, Sean Echevarria, who has recently launched his platform, Rees, which helps guide folks through their career journey. Give it a look.
- ATTEND THIS (MEET TECH STUDENTS): Moments ago, our friends at Peloton have joined us to recruit at this wonderful virtual job fair for ’20 and ’21 engineering graduates. Come join them and others to meet early professionals from 8 of the nation’s top engineering programs. It’s only $600.
- DYK: Someone explain to me how I didn’t know LinkedIn had their own ATS solution for companies?
- START PACKING (REMOTE WORK): As remote work becomes a long-term reality (in some format) for most companies, cities across the country are prepared to pay folks to live/work there. Learn more.
Thanks, as always, for listening.
Bye for now,
FEATURED HR & TALENT JOBS
- Technical Recruiter (Remote) – Square
- Coordinator, Talent Relations (Miami) – NBCUniversal
- Recruiting Coordinator (NYC) – VTS
- VP, Talent Strategy (NYC) – Oscar
- Recruiting Ops Manager (NYC) – PolicyGenius
- Senior Recruitment Partner (Remote) – Enjoy
People Ops & Business Partners
- Manager, People Business Partners (SF) – Juniper Square
- People Research Scientist (SF) – Pinterest
- Recruiting Data Specialist – Contract (Menlo Park) – Robinhood
- Facilities Manager (Nashville) – Postmates
Companies with multiple HR Jobs:
Recent Uncubed Posts
Uncubed & Mediabistro’s Statement on Social Injustice
An excellent company response + best resume I’ve ever seen + 3 self-educating reads + managing a team through political trauma + 8-minute-webinars
Activating white privilege + Being an ally for Black colleagues + “The Look” + STEM job fair + Being Black in today’s workplace