Unethical AI + Searching for small business heroes
The “First Job After College” Section
Teachable allows instructors to build and sell online courses for just about anything. They’re growing their engineering team and looking for software engineers who will either graduate with a 4-year computer science degree or from a bootcamp in time for a July 2021 start date.
Tech Internship of the Week
How do you get small business back on track? If you’re Squarespace, you’re doing it through smart design and products, and if that approach resonates with you, then join them this summer as a Product Design Intern.
You’ll want to discuss your visual and UX design experience including knowledge of Figma during your interview, and as long as you’re pursuing a BS in a design program – or have recently graduated – you’ll qualify.
Is your company hiring?
Resources You Can Thank Us For Later
- Career Stuff: This startup uses crowdsourced data to help tech workers negotiate getting paid.
- AI Stuff: The New Yorker wonders, Who Should Stop Unethical AI?
- Vaccine Stuff: As you may have guessed, college students will be one of the last groups to receive COVID-19 vaccinations, which might be in time for you to safely travel on Spring Break but really why risk it when Beach Week is a much better option.
- Cloud Computing Stuff: Even advanced software solutions have a critic, and that person’s name is Corey Quinn. You’ll want to read up on his billing schtick, which is discussed in this New York Times article.
The 🌮 Report
Dedication to breakfast tacos is hard to find unless you’re in Austin. However, that doesn’t mean other places aren’t willing to give them a try. Here’s five places that specialize in breakfast tacos which you should visit early in the morning, but not immediately after brushing your teeth early, because then your taco will just taste like toothpaste.
- San Francisco: LoJo’s
- Chicago: Amanecer Taco Shop
- NYC: King David Tacos
- Miami: The Taco Stand
- Seattle: Sunrise Tacos
Got a taco or taco-related story we need to know about? Email us at [email protected].
Sign up for Uncubed Intel to receive the best tech news, career advice, and jobs.