Issue #57: Handpicked Entry-Level Jobs & Internships + Flying & Self-Driving Cars
Are you familiar with the phrase “reinventing the wheel”? Well, Goodyear is trying to do just that, anticipating a future with flying cars.
Speaking of the future of cars… researchers at Georgia Institute of Technology have released a paper investigating “whether state-of-the art object detection systems have equitable predictive performance on pedestrians with different skin tones.”
IOW: Could a person’s skin tone affect whether an autonomous vehicle detects them or not? A scary but super-important question to consider.
(H/T Bie Aweh for bringing attention to this paper, and further stressing the importance of inclusive data sets and considering potential biases within data sets.)
And speaking of rethinking how autonomous vehicles think… “could unsupervised A.I. enable autonomous cars to learn as they go?”
The Uncubed Team
- Technical Program Manager Intern (Mountain View, CA)
- Machine Learning Engineering Intern (San Francisco, CA)
- Software Engineering Intern: Fall 2019 (Chicago, IL)
- Full-Stack Software Engineering Intern (San Francisco, CA)
- Software Engineer Co-op, Geoinnovation (Boston, MA)
FEATURED ENTRY-LEVEL JOBS
- Software Engineer – New Grad – Data Platform (San Francisco, CA)
- Solutions Engineer – Business Intelligence (New York, NY)
- Developer Support Engineer (Campbell, CA)
- Junior QA Engineer (New York, NY)
- Junior Mobile Engineer (New York, NY)
Thanks for reading this week’s Entry!
If you love this email, forward it to your friends. If you hate this email, forward it to your enemies. Everyone can sign up here: uncubed.com/entry/sign-up
See you next Wednesday,
The Uncubed Team
Sign up for Uncubed Intel to receive the best tech news, career advice, and jobs.