Issue #58: Handpicked Entry-Level Jobs & Internships + HBD WWW
What do you think: is “big tech” too big? Are companies like Google, Amazon, and Facebook innovating at the expense of other companies (startups) doing so? Are they putting consumers (us) and our data / privacy at risk? Should these companies be broken up, or prevented from acquiring new businesses?
Here are recent thoughts, reports, and proposals from Elizabeth Warren (US senator & 2020 presidential candidate), Margrethe Vestager (European Commissioner for Competition), and the UK government. (Long reads & watches, so buckle up.)
Let us know your thoughts by emailing [email protected].
In other news…
This is the next-gen lionfish-vacuuming robot. You know, in case the limitations of your first-gen lionfish-vacuuming robot were starting to get on your nerves.
Can voice assistants become genderless and more inclusive?
And the World Wide Web (“www” among its closest friends) turned 30 years old! How did you celebrate?
The Uncubed Team
- Software Engineering Intern – Udemy for Business, Growth (San Francisco, CA)
- Recorded Future
- Data Science Intern (Washington, DC)
- Software Engineer Intern/Co-op – Summer 2019 (Wilmington, MA)
- Data Analyst Intern (San Francisco, CA)
- Data Science Intern (Guilford, CT)
FEATURED ENTRY-LEVEL JOBS
- Data Scientist (Brooklyn, NY)
- Junior Firmware Engineer (San Mateo, CA)
- A³ by Airbus Group
- Data Scientist (Sunnyvale, CA)
- Meteor Development Group (Apollo / GraphQL)
- Web Developer (San Francisco, CA)
- Data Scientist (San Francisco, CA)
Thanks for reading this week’s Entry!
If you love this email, forward it to your friends. If you hate this email, forward it to your enemies. Everyone can sign up here: uncubed.com/entry/sign-up
See you next Wednesday,
The Uncubed Team
Sign up for Uncubed Intel to receive the best tech news, career advice, and jobs.