Integrity: Doing the right things for the right reasons
Agility: Adapting and thriving in a dynamic environment
Teamwork: Combining our strengths to do amazing things
Passion: Channeling enthusiasm to drive excellence
Creativity: Unleashing curiosity to defy the norm
About the role:
We are looking for a highly analytical and tech-savvy Solutions/Sales Engineer to join the Presales team. Solutions Engineers are the technical lead for the sales process. You will work closely with prospects from initial demo through final close, leading the analytic and technical evaluation of 1010data.
The Solutions Engineer is ultimately the “go-to” person for prospects and customers for all things 1010data and is instrumental in our efforts to transition prospects into successful customers. They possess the empathy and experience necessary to understand prospect’s business needs and translate their requirements into a technical solution.
A typical week would be prepping for a demo Monday, flying to do an in-person executive presentation Tuesday, building a pilot plan Wednesday, and loading the data to build an analytic prototype by the end of the week.
Through it all, you’ll be in the driver’s seat in showing companies how they can use analytics to create real business value. If you love high-intensity work that matters and want to own the entire process without internal bureaucracy, this is the place for you.
This role is based out of our New York City office, but can be remote if you live in the tristate area. If working remotely, this role will require ~4 weeks of initial training in our NYC office. Given significant collaboration with prospects, travel is 50%
This is a key role that will play a vital and a highly visible part in attracting multiple Fortune 500 clients. If you are excited to introduce new and disruptive business ideas to potential customers and demonstrate the value of embracing these game-changing ideas across their organizations, we would like to speak with you.
What you will take on:
- Responsible for all technical requirements in the Sales process from day one, working closely with the solutions team to ensure prospects become successful customers of 1010data
- Collaborate with prospects to understand their business needs and translate their requirements into a solution which meets those objectives
- Build demo & presentation of 1010data in a clear and concise manner to help prospects understand the value proposition versus market alternatives
- Run compelling prospect pilots; involves learning about the prospect’s business and building a focused solution (e.g. applications, reports, and/or simple queries) for the prospect during the pilot that showcases and quantifies business value
- Support the sales and marketing teams by contributing to presales materials and proposals
What you already have:
Education & Experience
- STEM degree or similar analytical program
- 5-8 years of client facing experience demonstrating, supporting, and building analytic solutions
- Proven experience presenting analytical solutions to a group, including executive management
- Ability to dig into business requirements and work closely with prospects and customers
- Knowledge of database structure, design, query languages (e.g. SQL) would be ideal
- Self-starter, quick study and a competitive spirit with a tenacious desire to win
- Enjoys being on-stage in high-pressure situations
- Excellent in-person, phone, and written (i.e. email) communication skills
- Highly motivated to meet and exceed customer expectations
1010data makes big data discovery easy; we power sub-second responses to run analyses on trillions of rows of data. 1010data is defining the way the world interacts with data.
An essential tool to more than 850 of the world’s top companies including The New York Stock Exchange, Dollar General, P&G, Sam’s Club, Nespresso, Barnes & Noble, and RiteAid; the 1010data platform is a highly differentiated product that is becoming the industry standard for big data discovery and data sharing.
With petabytes of data in our private and public clouds, 1010data is designed to scale to the largest volumes of granular data, the most disparate and varied data sets, and the most complex advanced analytics. All while delivering lightning-quick system performance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Gaining actionable insight requires the best analytical tools and access to all relevant data. 1010data offers a complete solution that provides both, with the only out-of-the-box, self-service, cross-enterprise insights platform. More than 850 of the world’s largest companies trust 1010data to manage, share and analyze over 32 trillion rows of data because of the company’s proven ability to deliver results more quickly, easily and accurately than any other solution. Please visit www.1010data.com for more information.
Want to learn more about 1010data? Visit 1010data's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer, Site Experience
Casper, New York
Customer Success Manager
Cloudflare, London, United Kingdom
Senior .NET Developer (Sitecore)
Senior Software Engineer
Uptake, 600 W Chicago Ave, Chicago, IL 60654
Palantir Technologies, London, United Kingdom