With more than 32 trillion rows of data currently under management, 1010data is designed to scale to the largest volumes of granular data, the most disparate and varied data sets, and the biggest user populations. All while delivering lightning-quick system performance.
We are seeking software engineers to work within the data science division to create user facing applications on top of data products developed at 1010data. You will help lead the team in incorporating best practices in software engineering. 1010data is an analytic database with it’s own query language, the role requires developing strong expertise in our tools and other open source technologies used at 1010data. You will be working on concrete user focused problems as well as high level design of the applications. You will help create APIs that interface with the 1010data analytic database and business intelligence tools. You are eager to learn new technologies and are motivated by new challenges. You are able to produce novel solutions to a wide range of problems and help drive our vision for design and implementation.
- Design and develop an API layer between the 1010data analytical database and business intelligence tools like Tableau, Logi etc.
- Work with data scientists to understand outputs from data product analytics to incorporate them into user interfaces
- Quickly develop proof-of-concept user interfaces with analytical backends for data products
- Incorporate software engineering best practices into development
- Develop modular templates that are reusable across different verticals of the business
- Work closely with clients, internal engineering, product, and design teams to gather requirements
- Iteratively refine templates and interfaces with usability and performance in mind
- Mentor others in your areas of expertise
Requirements & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- 2 years of professional software engineering experience
- Experience building software in well known GUI architectures like MVC
- Experience working in a collaborative environment
- Meticulous in testing and documenting code
- Knowledge of scripting languages like Python and functional programming principles is a plus
- Concrete understanding of software development best practices
- Experience developing highly functional user interfaces to data products
- Willingness to experiment and learn new tools and technologies like the 1010data macro language and Logi Analytics
- Experience with API development is a plus
About us Gaining actionable insight requires the best analytical tools and access to all relevant data. 1010data offers a complete solution that provides both, with the only out-of-the-box, self-service, cross-enterprise insights platform. More than 850 of the world’s largest companies trust 1010data to manage, share and analyze over 32 trillion rows of data because of the company’s proven ability to deliver results more quickly, easily and accurately than any other solution. Please visit www.1010data.com for more information.
Want to learn more about 1010data? Visit 1010data's website.
Jobs You May Like
Product Design - Intern 2018
Quora, Mountain View, CA
Product Manager, Marketplace
DoorDash, San Francisco, CA
Sales Executive - DECANTER
Time Inc., London, United Kingdom
Director, Quality Assurance
Glossier, New York, NY
Associate Product Manager
Green Bits, PDX
Product Manager, Data & Platform
Healthline Media, San Francisco, CA