1010data travels at the speed of thought to make Big Data discovery easy; we power sub-second responses to analyses run on billions of rows of data. 1010data is defining the way the world interacts with data. Come be a part of it. Come do powerful things with data.
An essential tool to more than 850 of the world’s top retail, manufacturing, telecom, government and financial services enterprises including The New York Stock Exchange, Dollar General, P&G, and RiteAid; the 1010data platform is a highly differentiated product that is becoming the industry standard for Big Data Discovery and Data Sharing.
With more than 30 trillion rows of data in our private cloud, 1010data is designed to scale to the largest volumes of granular data, the most disparate and varied data sets, and the most complex advanced analytics. All while delivering lightning-quick system performance.
Integrity: Doing the right things for the right reasons
Agility: Adapting and thriving in a dynamic environment
Teamwork: Combining our strengths to do amazing things
Passion: Channeling enthusiasm to drive excellence
Creativity: Unleashing curiosity to defy the norm
About the role:
We are seeking a seasoned VP of Information Security with a desire to streamline the process of creating and maintaining private cloud computing infrastructure. This is an opportunity to lead a team of talented engineers and developers to help 1010data manage a large and growing high-performance cloud computing environment.
If you have a passion for high-performance computing you will be instrumental in building tools to manage a highly scalable, 24/7 available platform for data analysis.
1010data’s production environment is unlike any other; making the ability and willingness to continuously learn and develop new technologies crucial. This role will offer and encourage the opportunity to continuously develop your skills and experience.
The successful person will be a cooperative, creative person who is strongly motivated to solve business issues. This person will be adept at finding the right technology balance to solve problems quickly and efficiently, while creating a maintainable codebase that can evolve as technologies change. This person must be capable of working independently and towards goals vs. just following instructions
What you will take on:
- Direct and approve the design of security systems. Update as necessary
- Ensure that disaster recovery and business continuity plans are in place and tested
- Review and approve security policies, controls and cyber incident response planning
- Approve and oversee identity and access management (IAM) policies
- Understand the IT threat landscape for the industry
- Ensure continued compliance with laws and applicable regulations
- Schedule and oversee periodic internal and external security audits
- Conduct security awareness training to all personnel and enforce compliance
- Manage all teams, employees and third parties involved in IT security
- Hire, train and mentor security team members
- Trusted business adviser. Brief the executive team on risk management, including strategy and budget.
- Choose and purchase security products from vendors
- Conduct electronic discovery and digital forensic investigations
- Manage security incident response
What you already have:
Education and Experience:
- Computer Science or IT related degree from top tier university preferred
- Strong experience in leading and managing an Information Security department, desirably within a SaaS environment
- Strong experience in disaster recover design and implementation
- Strong experience overseeing the monitoring firewalls and routers/switches, ideally having worked with Cisco ASA
- Strong understanding of computer organization, performance and availability
- Technical understanding of Operating System (Windows or Linux) internals
- Understanding of application, hardware, storage, OS and database configuration of distributed, elastic, highly available data management systems (highly desirable)
- Any experience with or desire develop Project Management capabilities (desirable)
- Communicate clearly and have strong, positive interpersonal skills
- Feel comfortable presenting to a group including management
- Have the ability to articulate in his/her ideas, consider options presented by others and reach an informed, balanced technical opinion
- Create clear, concise memos/summaries, design documentation and presentations
- Demonstrate the ability to review the technical documentation provided by others and provide constructive comments
1010data is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status
About us Gaining actionable insight requires the best analytical tools and access to all relevant data. 1010data offers a complete solution that provides both, with the only out-of-the-box, self-service, cross-enterprise insights platform. More than 850 of the world’s largest companies trust 1010data to manage, share and analyze over 32 trillion rows of data because of the company’s proven ability to deliver results more quickly, easily and accurately than any other solution. Please visit www.1010data.com for more information.
Want to learn more about 1010data? Visit 1010data's website.
Jobs You May Like
Technical Program Manager
Quora, Mountain View, CA
Program Manager (w/m)
metromile, San Francisco, CA
Software Engineer - Machine Learning
Affirm, San Francisco, CA
Vestiaire Collective, New York
Principal Software Engineer - Multichannel
SendGrid, Redwood City