1010data travels at the speed of thought to make Big Data discovery easy; we power sub second responses to analyses run on billions of rows of data.
An essential tool to more than 850 of the world’s top retail, manufacturing, telecom, government and financial services enterprises including The New York Stock Exchange, Dollar General, P&G, and RiteAid; 1010data is a highly differentiated product that is becoming the industry standard for Big Data Discovery and Data Sharing.
We are seeking a Senior Cloud Engineer to help build 1010data’s cloud product capability, enabling elasticity and scaling of computing and storage. This role will largely involve software development, as well as operations and documentation. This is an opportunity to work with a team of talented engineers and help transform 1010data’s core technology and business strategy around public cloud.
With more than 32 trillion rows of data, 1010data is designed to scale to the largest volumes of granular data, the most disparate and varied data sets, and the most complex advanced analytics. All while delivering lightning-quick system performance.
If you have a passion for high performance computing, then you will be instrumental in building tools to manage a highly scalable, 24/7 available platform for data analysis. 1010data’s production environment is unlike any other; making the ability and willingness to continuously learn and develop new technologies crucial. This role will offer and encourage the opportunity to continuously develop your skills and experience.
- Testing and Operations
- Mentoring other software engineers
- Perform code review on products outside of primary focus
Education and Experience:
- Computer Science or IT related degree from top tier university (preferred), masters or above is highly desirable
- Ability to read and evaluate other people’s code
- Software engineering best of practices
- Version control
- Extensive knowledge of public cloud infrastructure
- Mentorship experience
- The successful person will be a cooperative, creative person with strong leadership capabilities, strongly motivated to solve business issues. This person will be adept at finding the right technology balance to solve problems quickly and efficiently, while creating a maintainable codebase that can evolve as technologies change. This person must be capable of working independently and towards goals vs. just following instructions
- Communicate clearly and have strong, positive interpersonal skills
- Feel comfortable presenting to a group including management
- Have the ability to articulate his/her ideas, consider options presented by others and reach an informed, balanced technical opinion
- Create clear, concise memos/summaries, design documentation and presentations
- Demonstrate the ability to review the technical documentation provided by others and provide constructive comments
1010data is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status.
About us Gaining actionable insight requires the best analytical tools and access to all relevant data. 1010data offers a complete solution that provides both, with the only out-of-the-box, self-service, cross-enterprise insights platform. More than 850 of the world’s largest companies trust 1010data to manage, share and analyze over 32 trillion rows of data because of the company’s proven ability to deliver results more quickly, easily and accurately than any other solution. Please visit www.1010data.com for more information.
Want to learn more about 1010data? Visit 1010data's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sr. Frontend Engineer, Security
Box, Redwood City, CA
Senior Integration Specialist - Workday
Red Ventures, South Charlotte
Security Operations Analyst II
Rapid7, Belfast, UK
Senior Build & Release Automation Engineer
Endurance International Group, Burlington, MA
Senior Software Engineer - On-Demand Dog Walking
Rover.com , Seattle
Senior Quality Engineer
Classy, San Diego Headquarters