Sr. Software Development Engineer, Site Reliability
1010data, New York
WE PUT MORE POWER IN YOUR HANDS
1010data travels at the speed of thought to make Big Data discovery easy; we power sub second responses to analyses run on billions of rows of data.
An essential tool to more than 850 of the world’s top retail, manufacturing, telecom, government and financial services enterprises including The New York Stock Exchange, Dollar General, P&G, and RiteAid; 1010data is a highly differentiated product that is becoming the industry standard for Big Data Discovery and Data Sharing.
We are seeking a Site Reliability Engineer to continue to build 1010data’s distributed systems which manage massive volumes of data. This role will also identify bottlenecks and what our distributed systems need to have when it’s pushed to scale, whilst managing and mentoring more junior engineers.
With more than 32 trillion rows of data, 1010data is designed to scale to the largest volumes of granular data, the most disparate and varied data sets, and the most complex advanced analytics. All while delivering lightning-quick system performance.
If you have a passion for high performance computing, then you will be instrumental in building tools to manage a highly scalable, 24/7 available platform for data analysis. 1010data’s production environment is unlike any other; making the ability and willingness to continuously learn and develop new technologies crucial. This role will offer and encourage the opportunity to lead a team whilst continuously developing your skills and experience.
- Working on a new distributed backup system that moves petabytes of data across hundreds of servers
- High level programming in K (functional language) - there is no expectation to know K, but a willingness to learn which we provide an environment for
- Developing business needs and customer requests into formal requirements
- Mentoring junior employees
- Leading projects, ensuring on-time deliverables that are within scope and budget
- Building technical proof of concepts
- Scaling from proof of concept implementations into full production systems
Education and Experience:
- Computer Science or IT related degree from top tier university (preferred), masters or above is highly desirable
- Experienced software engineer, having built systems at a high level. Ideally, systems that have moved petabytes of data
- Experience working on distributed and data management systems
- Strong algorithmic experience and strong problem solving skills
- Experience working in functional languages is ideal, but not essential
- Experience working on backup systems is also ideal, but not essential
- The successful person will be a cooperative, creative person with strong leadership capabilities, strongly motivated to solve business issues. This person will be adept at finding the right technology balance to solve problems quickly and efficiently, while creating a maintainable codebase that can evolve as technologies change. This person must be capable of working independently and towards goals vs. just following instructions
- Communicate clearly and have strong, positive interpersonal skills
- Feel comfortable presenting to a group including management
- Have the ability to articulate his/her ideas, consider options presented by others and reach an informed, balanced technical opinion
- Create clear, concise memos/summaries, design documentation and presentations
- Demonstrate the ability to review the technical documentation provided by others and provide constructive comments
1010data is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status.
About us Gaining actionable insight requires the best analytical tools and access to all relevant data. 1010data offers a complete solution that provides both, with the only out-of-the-box, self-service, cross-enterprise insights platform. More than 850 of the world’s largest companies trust 1010data to manage, share and analyze over 32 trillion rows of data because of the company’s proven ability to deliver results more quickly, easily and accurately than any other solution. Please visit www.1010data.com for more information.
Want to learn more about 1010data? Visit 1010data's website.
Jobs You May Like
Information Security Engineer
Datto, Norwalk, CT, Rochester, NY, Albany, NY, Boston, MA, Reading, UK
Software Quality Analyst (QA)
Refinery29, New York
Senior Software Engineer (Pivotal Labs)
Pivotal Software, Boston, Massachusetts
Senior Cloud Engineer
Braintribe, Vienna, Austria
IT Support Technician
Elastic, New York, NY