- Integrity: Doing the right things for the right reasons
- Agility: Adapting and thriving in a dynamic environment
- Teamwork: Combining our strengths to do amazing things
- Passion: Channeling enthusiasm to drive excellence
- Creativity: Unleashing curiosity to defy the norm
About the role:
1010data is seeking a Data Scientist – Consumer Panels with strong skills in data analysis to create large-scale analytical solutions (data products and applications) to client-driven business problems. Qualified candidates will have several years of experience working with consumer panel data such as clickstream, receipt/e-receipt or credit card transaction panels.
At the core of 1010data’s technology stack is a fast parallel processing database that powers all of our product offerings. Your work will involve using this core capability to analyze billions of rows of consumer panel data to solve business problems. You will apply your expertise working with consumer panel data to build accurate projections and derive insights from combining multiple consumer panels from various collection sources.
You will also work closely with the data engineering and operations teams to prototype and support high-performance data pipelines and the corresponding operational processes. Once deployed, you will be responsible for supporting ongoing data quality and stability of existing products and supporting client inquiries about the data.
You are curious and passionate about using your analytical skills in answering complex questions from real world datasets. You are adept at working in line with business goals and strive to deliver high quality products to further our growth. You will primarily use the 1010data Macro Language to interact with our core database. You will also use Airflow, Scala, Spark and Python to varying degrees.
You will be part of a diverse team with rich backgrounds in physics, computer science, statistics, finance and engineering collaborating to build data products using massive data sets. You will need to develop expertise in 1010data’s products and be able to propose novel solutions to challenging problems.
You will be based in the US and are comfortable working remotely with the Data Science, Data Quality, Data Engineering and account management teams.
This role is not sponsorable
What you will take on:
- Develop and maintain panel projection methodologies on multiple consumer panels in support of product offerings in the Retail, CPG and Equities industries
- Build and enhance methodologies and analytical insights derived from combining panels across clickstream, e-receipt and credit card collection channels
- Become an expert user of 1010data Macro Language to analyze and process massive datasets
- Use your understanding of datasets and business problems to research analytical solutions to further product capabilities
- Use 1010data Macro Language, Spark, Scala, Python and Airflow to design, build and maintain data pipelines
- Develop systems and processes to across the product lifecycle assessing source data and transforming raw inputs into knowledge and insights
- Collaborate with product management, data engineering and data quality teams in producing high quality products
- Conduct ad-hoc data analyses to resolve production and client data issues
- Find and implement optimizations, improvements and design modifications to data engineering challenges
- Develop quick proof-of-concept analyses and audit decks on new source data
- Participate in agile development sprints and share your progress updates regularly
What you already have:
- 3-7 years professional experience in data analysis or practical experience building customer facing analytical products
- 3+ years professional experience working with consumer panel data including demonstrated experience with projection methodologies
- Database experience (understanding of database structures and query languages such as SQL)
- Demonstrated experience with scripting languages and statistical software (R, SAS, SPSS, MATLAB) and comfortable learning new tools as needed
- Solid understanding of statistical concepts
- BS/MS in a highly analytical discipline (Computer Science /Physics /Mathematics /Econometrics) or equivalent
- Experience deriving insights from multiple types of consumer panel sources such as clickstream, e-receipt and credit card transaction data
- Experience working with parallel processing frameworks like Spark
- Experience constructing data pipelines using Airflow
- Background in vector/matrix arithmetic is a plus
- Experience with list/vector-based languages
- Communication and collaboration
- Have strong, positive interpersonal skills
- Able to communicate clearly, consider options presented by others and reach an informed, balanced technical opinion
- Create clear, concise memos, summaries, design documentation, and presentations
For more than 20 years, 1010data has helped financial, retail and consumer goods customers monitor shifts in consumer demand and market conditions and rapidly respond with highly targeted strategies. The 1010data Insights Platform combines market intelligence, data management, granular enterprise analytics, and collaboration capabilities to empower better business outcomes. More than 900 of the world’s foremost companies’ partner with 1010data to power smarter decisions.
You can find this on the Company page of 1010data at https://1010data.com/company/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Gaining actionable insight requires the best analytical tools and access to all relevant data. 1010data offers a complete solution that provides both, with the only out-of-the-box, self-service, cross-enterprise insights platform. More than 850 of the world’s largest companies trust 1010data to manage, share and analyze over 32 trillion rows of data because of the company’s proven ability to deliver results more quickly, easily and accurately than any other solution. Please visit www.1010data.com for more information.
Want to learn more about 1010data? Visit 1010data's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one