Our ever expanding international business is now operating from Wyboston Lakes in Bedfordshire and we are seeking motivated self starters with an entrepreneurial mindset and adaptable attitude to join our UK office. We pride ourselves on our open minded approach and inclusive environment, encouraging all of our staff to contribute to the improvement of our service and the business as a whole.
Due to rapid expansion we are seeking a highly competent Director, EU Account Management to oversee our account management function, monitoring and driving performance, implementing robust processes to ensure the continued improvement of our service and manage the development of the account managers and the team as a whole.
Reporting directly to our MD this is an excellent opportunity for a motivated and resourceful leader to work with a high degree of autonomy and make this role their own.
What you'll do
- Manage a growing team of account managers with the support of the account management coordinator
- Contribute to the strategy and development of the team, in line with objectives of the business
- Monitor the performance and development of relationships with new and existing dealers including proactively delivering feedback and best practices
- Identify opportunities and implement strategies to help increase dealer success; ensuring key metrics and performance indicators are delivered and constantly exceeded
- Quickly and appropriately resolve dealer escalations
- Communicate with clients at a senior level to resolve issues and inquiries
- Supervise and support account managers and representatives to ensure client satisfaction
- Drive dealer satisfaction by delivering excellent service on all dealer interactions
- Understand and devise methods of tracking and meeting the needs of our audience and dealer; keep current on the competitive landscape
- Develop deep subject matter expertise on dealer products
- Play an instrumental role in ensuring that 1stdibs maintains its integrity by influencing the merchandising and inventory mix of our verticals
- Aid in explaining and enforcing 1stdibs' internal policies
What you'll bring
- Minimum 3 years work experience managing a team
- Proven track record in improving and scaling a team of sales or account managers
- Evidence of developing strategies pertaining to performance improvement and development of client relationships
- Ability to preemptively identify and address performance issues
- Outstanding communication and conflict resolution skills
- Customer focused individual and relationship builder
- Ability to identify skills gaps and areas for improvement in expanding team
- Superb attention to detail and organisation
- Proven track record of developing and monitoring KPI/quotas
- Ability to multi-task and work well in a self-directed, fast-paced environment where priorities change quickly
- Knowledge of and experience with dealers and luxury products
- Demonstrated ability to influence internal and external decision makers
- Excellent writing, speaking, presentation and computer skills, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; ability to articulate ideas clearly and appropriately based on the audience
- Experience working in e-commerce companies a plus
- Salesforce.com proficiency a plus
1stdibs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace for rare and desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, and Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
At 1stdibs, we're here to connect the world's best dealers, finest shops and most important galleries with individuals like you: the world's most sophisticated collectors, designers and curators. Starting with the few dealers that were hand-selected by our founder Michael Bruno at Paris's legendary antiques market, Marché Aux Puces, in 2001, we've become the global destination for those who must have 'first dibs' on treasures — from around the world — that would otherwise be inaccessible.