As a Technical Marketing Analyst on the marketing team at 1stdibs, you’ll empower digital advertising through both technical and analytical support. By implementing, monitoring, and QA’ing marketing pixels you’ll ensure that our partners have the data necessary to serve our targeted ad campaigns. Additionally, by monitoring performance data you’ll be responsible for delivering campaign performance reports and insights. This role will provide a unique opportunity to view the full life cycle of how data is used to power marketing in the digital world.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to learn and develop expertise around how a luxury e-commerce marketplace leverages web analytics to drive decisions. To succeed, you will acquire an intimate familiarity with Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics. You will develop and refine your marketing acumen by balancing the needs of technical implementation, feature optimization, and analytical measurement.
What you’ll do
- Requirements Gathering
- Collaborate with marketing teams to detail requirements for new marketing pixels or updates to existing ones
- Grasp how the pixels are being populated with back-end data
- Engage with the engineering team to stay informed of any product changes which might impact marketing pixels
- Implementation of Tracking
- Roll out new pixels through Google Tag Manager
- Work with our third-party consultants as required for more advanced tasks
- Partner with the engineering team when new data needs to be exposed to our marketing pixels
- Quality Assurance Testing
- Assure proper tracking implementation through a QA testing process
- Work with our consultants to develop pixel QA dashboards
- Marketing Analytics
- Maintain existing performance reports and develop new reports to meet the needs of the paid media team
- Analyze SEM, PLA, and remarketing performance data to provide insights and recommendations
What you'll bring
- B.A. in computer science, business analytics or a quantitative field
- 1-3 years of experience with Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics, or similar tool
- Experience with debugging tools such as Chrome Debugger, Fiddler, HTTPWatch, etc.
- Ability to identify | interpret trends and anomalies in data and troubleshoot accordingly
- Ability to think critically about problems to identify root cause
- Strong organizational skills | attention to detail and capacity to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Prior experience with paid advertising is a plus
1stdibs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace for rare and desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including Amazon, Google, eBay, Mlb.com, PayPal, and Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
At 1stdibs, we're here to connect the world's best dealers, finest shops and most important galleries with individuals like you: the world's most sophisticated collectors, designers and curators. Starting with the few dealers that were hand-selected by our founder Michael Bruno at Paris's legendary antiques market, Marché Aux Puces, in 2001, we've become the global destination for those who must have 'first dibs' on treasures — from around the world — that would otherwise be inaccessible.