1stdibs.com is currently looking to add a Junior QA Engineer role to our currently 10+ strong QA team. This is a truly entry level position - none of that “entry level, must have 2 years experience in a tool that only launched 6 months ago” nonsense here.
The key responsibilities will be split between testing features for daily launch that impact our e-commerce platform, in addition to performing support functionality in those same areas - assisting those who deal with our end users face-to-face with reported bugs, performing analysis on reported issues and creating processes and documentation to help reduce frequently recurring reports.
As such the ideal person we’re looking for is someone with a keen interest in figuring out how things work and making them work better. Spent your childhood pulling things apart because you wanted to see what it did? Awesome. Frustrated at murder mystery shows because you figured out who did it at least an hour before the main characters did? Brilliant. Know when to use affect vs effect? Completely irrelevant, but impressive.
It’s worth stressing again that we’re far more interested in a candidate’s enthusiasm and skill set rather than prior experience - so if you’re looking for a way to get a career started this is a great way to go about it.
What you’ll do
- Develop test plans and testing strategies for various projects
- Work very closely with front-end and back-end engineers to understand the inner workings of a product
- Work with the Product team to clarify requirements and identify different use cases and usability concerns
- Track, report, and communicate bugs to various team members
What you’ll bring
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to plan and track testing progress and priorities on multiple teams/projects
- Excellent communication and diplomacy skills to work with technical and non-technical folks
- Passionate user with a strong understanding of products
- Willingness and desire to investigate and understand requirements, project risks, and bizarre bugs
- Strong technical acumen (preferably an educational background in CS)
Not requirements, but huge pluses
- Comfortable working with SQL and databases for test set-up, troubleshooting and diagnostics
1stdibs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace for one-of-a-kind products. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, vintage furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including Amazon, Google, eBay, Mlb.com, PayPal, and Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
At 1stdibs, we're here to connect the world's best dealers, finest shops and most important galleries with individuals like you: the world's most sophisticated collectors, designers and curators. Starting with the few dealers that were hand-selected by our founder Michael Bruno at Paris's legendary antiques market, Marché Aux Puces, in 2001, we've become the global destination for those who must have 'first dibs' on treasures — from around the world — that would otherwise be inaccessible.