350.org is building a global grassroots movement to solve the climate crisis. Our online campaigns, grassroots organizing, and mass public actions are led from the bottom up by thousands of volunteer organizers in over 188 countries. 350.org works hard to organize in a new way—everywhere at once, using online tools to facilitate strategic offline action. We want to be a laboratory for the best ways to strengthen the climate movement and catalyze transformation around the world. The values that guide and drive our work are listed here.
About the Japan Digital Campaigner
Japan Digital Campaigner will be part of East Asia team and contributing to 350.org’s campaign through innovative and creative engagement online and across all digital platforms. This position will be responsible for developing digital strategies and planning, producing, and implementing digital campaign and communication for Divestment Campaign in Japan to become involved in online and offline activism to help win 350.org’s key goals. This is a full-time position based in Tokyo, Japan and will report directly to East Asia Regional Team Leader.
Campaign: Mostly to be led by Japan Divestment Campaigner, but with significant leadership and engagement from Japan Digital Campaigner as defined below:
- Assist 350.org Japan teams, project teams, and partners to identify opportunities and develop and implement strategic fossil free campaigns in Japan
- Contribute to a yearly strategic fossil free campaign plan development with input from other Japan, East Asia, and digital 350.org staff
- Collaborate with partners on digital mobilisation strategy, planning, and execution, and attend key local and regional movement gatherings
- Cultivate 350.org volunteer and partner network in Japan
- Devise and run digital workshops or trainings with partners and volunteers to strengthen 350.org network and campaigns, if and when required
- Draft reports on digital campaign activities/results when required, and work with analysis/research team for conducting campaign related research, if required
- Develop and implement digital strategic plans for campaigns in Japan in collaboration with global digital team with an eye towards growing and engaging new audiences and mailing list in Japan
- Manage digital channels and create engaging content to share campaign updates, victories, stories and otherwise support 350.org fossil free campaign in Japan - including crafting emails, social media, blog posts, infographic, videos etc
- Manage 350 Japan’s websites in line with our global digital platforms and strategy
- Monitor digital analytics to ensure campaign progress
- Support volunteers and affiliate groups to leverage and grow their digital programs
- 3 years’ experience in community and online organising
- Existing technical knowledge of HTML, CSS, Wordpress and SQL, or demonstrated ability to pick up similar technical skill quickly
- Experience with managing email lists and social media accounts
- Strong, detail-oriented communicator who take initiative independently
- Able to work in collaboratives, fluid team environment and demonstrate commitment to end fossil fuel and climate change
- Business level English proficiency; Native level Japanese proficiency
Desired (but not required) skills and experiences
- Strategic campaign development expertise and excellent problem-solving skills
- Good communicator and collaborator able to work well in diverse teams
- Understanding of how online organising can help build campaigns to scale
We are looking for someone who is comfortable working both independently and in teams, highly responsive, and able to lead initiatives as well as take direction from others. [Edit as needed, but this is pretty standard]
Position Type: Full-time
Application Deadline: Although we hope to begin interviews during the week of Jan 29, 2018, this job is open until filled, or the hiring manager determines that they can no longer accept applications.
Start Date: March 2018 (flexible)
Compensation: competitive compensation based on experience
Location: Tokyo, Japan
350.org strives to be an inclusive and collaborative group of people who bring a variety of approaches to the work we do. We’re committed to the principles of justice, and we try to build a safe workplace where everyone is treated fairly and enjoys working together. We value new perspectives, ideas of all sorts, and different ways of working. Diverse perspectives and experiences improve the way 350.org carries out our work – including what we decide to work on and how creatively/effectively we do that. We do our best to make staff positions accessible to all potential team members, regardless of race, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, assigned gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or identity, religion or creed, veteran status, marital or parental status, and genetic information. We also strive to include team members in communities most impacted by climate change or impacted by other kinds of environmental, social, and economic injustice.
If you have suggestions for us on how to do this better, we really value your input and strongly encourage you to write to us at [email protected] with the subject line ‘Hiring Feedback’.
About us 350.org is building a global grassroots movement to solve the climate crisis. Our online campaigns, grassroots organizing, and mass public actions are led from the bottom up by thousands of volunteer organizers in over 188 countries. 350.org works hard to organize in a new way—everywhere at once, using online tools to facilitate strategic offline action. We want to be a laboratory for the best ways to strengthen the climate movement and catalyze transformation around the world. 350.org is a growing global organization incorporated and based in the United States, with staff currently working in 23 countries around the globe. 350.org is on a rapid growth trajectory, having grown our budget 400% since we incorporated in 2011. We seek ever more opportunities to galvanize the public to respond to the threat of climate change. This is due to two factors: scientific evidence of the threat of the problem and severity of impacts, and the success we have had in mobilization, creative communications, and organizing. Looking to the future, we believe aggressive political action on climate change can happen, but creating the political space for that change will push us to work more creatively, smartly, and quickly than ever before. Our organisation is comprised of energetic, passionate, and disciplined change-makers. We are known for our sophisticated use of technology and our distributed organizing, mass mobilization, and connections to other social movements. We love Skype emoticons, customized Spotify playlists, open-office formats with newspaper clippings on the walls, and marching in the streets.
Want to learn more about 350.org? Visit 350.org's website.
Jobs You May Like
Site Reliability Engineer
Green Bits, San Jose, CA
Staff Big Data Engineer
App Annie, Beijing, China
Core Account Executive
Dropbox, Austin, TX
Full Stack Engineer - Apps
Cloudflare, Austin, TX
Product Manager - Product Strategy Team
Cloudflare, San Francisco, CA OR Austin, TX
Palantir Technologies, New York, NY