Software Engineer, Platform
Human Interest, San Francisco, CA or Remote (US Only)
See jobs at Human Interest
Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Social Security, our nation’s retirement safety net, is projected to be insolvent as soon as 2035, making employer-sponsored 401(k) plans the primary retirement savings vehicle in the U.S. Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
Our values are the guiding principles we use to build solutions for plan administrators and participants. They reflect our point of view on what’s important and what’s right:
In it for customers, autonomous & accountable, outcomes driven, inclusive collaboration, and decisive.
As a member of the Platform team, you will get to help build our financial engine. You will collaborate with domain experts to design, build, test, and own systems and processes for servicing 401(k) plans and making our customers happy. As reliability is key to earning our customers’ trust, you will build robust systems that are observable, maintainable, and scalable.
What you get to do every day:
- Build and maintain business-critical software to process and record customers' retirement savings
- Improve complex processes and systems to make them more robust and require less human intervention
- Monitor product health and alerts and own responding to end-user inquiries
- Collaborate with other engineers and stakeholders to share knowledge and build expertise
- Write clean, high-quality code and tests while keeping the system fast and reliable
- Convert specifications and requirements into functional application code.
- Participate in development life cycle activities like design, coding, testing and production release
- Demonstrate focus on quality (unit testing, system testing, user acceptance testing) and product support ownership.
What you bring to the role:
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience building and maintaining back end microservices and front end applications
- Experience with TypeScript, Node.JS, SQL, AWS, GraphQL
- Some experience with front end technologies such as React, VueJs or Angular
- Experience with task based or queue based systems
- Experience building and maintaining scalable applications using Cloud technologies
- Strong communication skills; unpacking in-depth financial domain constraints/rules and discussing complex technical concepts to engineers and non-engineers is no problem to you
- Ability to simplify complex/manual processes by automating them
- Proficiency with Git as a version control system
- Proficiency with developing web services and API’s including Microservices.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of CI/CD and DevOps practices preferred
- Self-driven and willing to learn
- Frontend experience in modern technologies
- Knowledge of Express JS
- Experience with message queues like RabbitMQ, Kafka, SQS
- Familiarity with Coding Best Practices is desired
- 5% travel may be required
Please feel free to apply to this position even if you do not meet 100% of the requirements listed above.
About Human Interest:
We’re a high-growth, Series D-funded company that’s changing the retirement industry. Human Interest is seeking to build a best-in-class product to help small businesses give their employees a path to financial independence. Named one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes, one of the Best Places to Work by the San Francisco Business Times, and a 2021 Top Company by Y Combinator, we’re looking for incredible talent to help us achieve our mission: ensuring people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits. Human Interest has raised $305M and is backed by leading investors that include TPG (The Rise Fund), SoftBank, Glynn Capital, NewView Capital, USVP, Wing, Uncork, and others.
Inclusive collaboration makes us a better business
We deliberately build processes to create a workplace where all are welcome and accepted. We're proactive and purposeful in prioritizing diversity and inclusion internally not only because it's the right thing to do, but also because we believe it's the only way to effectively create products and services that can be truly helpful to all people.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Human Interest employees must adhere to the Company’s security policies and Code of Ethics.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services, and recruiting agencies.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We comply with CCPA guidelines.
About Human Interest
Human Interest is a high growth venture-backed company that offers an easy and affordable 401(k) retirement plan for the modern workforce. We're a Series C company disrupting a massive but broken industry through empowering small to mid sized businesses to safeguard the financial futures of their employees -- something that only 14% are able to do today. We believe that all individuals deserve the opportunity for a secure financial future. We want idealistic and talented people to join our team of doers and builders.
Want to learn more about Human Interest? Visit Human Interest's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.