Software Development Engineer in Test
Human Interest, San Francisco, CA or Remote (US Only)
See jobs at Human Interest
Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Social Security, our nation’s retirement safety net, is projected to be insolvent as soon as 2035, making employer-sponsored 401(k) plans the primary retirement savings vehicle in the U.S. Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
Our values are the guiding principles we use to build solutions for plan administrators and participants. They reflect our point of view on what’s important and what’s right:
In it for customers, autonomous & accountable, outcomes driven, inclusive collaboration, and decisive.
Human Interest is currently seeking a Software Development Engineer in Test who will join our internal Recordkeeping team to lead our testing efforts. This position will work closely with developers, business analysts, product managers, and DevOps, helping to design and develop test automation and QA for end to end business processes. Responsibilities would consist of owning the entire QA lifecycle including writing unit, integration, and functional tests, regression tests, and manual testing. Candidates must be comfortable being close to the code and keenly in tune with the system under test.
What you get to do every day
- Define and test business-critical software to process and record customers' retirement savings.
- Collaborate with other engineers and stakeholders to share knowledge and build testing expertise.
- Participate in full product life cycle activities like design, requirements defining, testing and production release.
- Write clear result-oriented test cases to ensure repeatable high quality deliverables.
What you bring to the role
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on experience in quality assurance and technical testing and 3 years leading large/mission-critical initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related experience
- Proven development experience using Node.js and TypeScript
- Knowledge of Test Data Management and Testing Environments
- Experience in writing and executing Test Plans and Test Strategies
- Writing clean, high-quality scripts that test product functionality automatically.
- Several years of experience in architecting, implementing, and fully leveraging automation test platforms.
- Demonstrate strong Test Automation Development skills in a Node.js environment with tooling such as Mocha, Jest and Sinon
- Strong understanding and usage of of mocks and stubs
- Understanding of DevOps lifecycle including containerization, CI/CD with tools like CircleCI, Jenkins, and the importance of test automation
- Understanding of higher-level and emerging testing concepts, including Pact/Contract testing, API testing, PSR testing
- Strong desire to learn, think creatively, and share knowledge with others.
- Proactive and empathetic mindset - you love to roll up your sleeves to fix problems for our customers.
Please feel free to apply to this position even if you do not meet 100% of the requirements listed above.
About Human Interest:
We’re a high-growth, Series D-funded company that’s changing the retirement industry. Human Interest is seeking to build a best-in-class product to help small businesses give their employees a path to financial independence. Named one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes, one of the Best Places to Work by the San Francisco Business Times, and a 2021 Top Company by Y Combinator, we’re looking for incredible talent to help us achieve our mission: ensuring people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits. Human Interest has raised $305M and is backed by leading investors that include TPG (The Rise Fund), SoftBank, Glynn Capital, NewView Capital, USVP, Wing, Uncork, and others.
Inclusive collaboration makes us a better business
We deliberately build processes to create a workplace where all are welcome and accepted. We're proactive and purposeful in prioritizing diversity and inclusion internally not only because it's the right thing to do, but also because we believe it's the only way to effectively create products and services that can be truly helpful to all people.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Human Interest employees must adhere to the Company’s security policies and Code of Ethics.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services, and recruiting agencies.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We comply with CCPA guidelines.
About Human Interest
Human Interest is a high growth venture-backed company that offers an easy and affordable 401(k) retirement plan for the modern workforce. We're a Series C company disrupting a massive but broken industry through empowering small to mid sized businesses to safeguard the financial futures of their employees -- something that only 14% are able to do today. We believe that all individuals deserve the opportunity for a secure financial future. We want idealistic and talented people to join our team of doers and builders.
Want to learn more about Human Interest? Visit Human Interest's website.
Great Prices. Better Cars. Shipped to You.