As a Senior Deep Learning Engineer, you will report directly to the Director of Engineering of Wayfinder. You will be responsible for the development of vision-based deep learning algorithms that enable autonomous aircraft to analyze, understand, and interact with their environment safely. These perception algorithms are critical to enabling our aircraft to fly without pilots.
- Designing, training, and tuning state-of-the-art vision-based deep learning algorithms to perceive the environment around autonomous aircraft on the ground and in the air
- Driving the efficient implementation of these algorithms for deployment to onboard computer systems
- Supporting the data flows that enable the development and testing of deep learning algorithms
- Communicating methods and results effectively to the rest of our team
- Leveraging your experience to provide technical leadership, mentorship of more junior engineers, and external communications of our work such as papers and talks
- Master’s degree in computer science, robotics, electrical engineering, applied mathematics, computational neuroscience, or a related field
- At least 4 years of professional experience related to computer vision applications
- Strong theoretical and applied knowledge of neural network architectures and computer vision algorithms for scene understanding including object detection, classification, segmentation, depth and motion estimation
- Experience developing novel deep learning models with TensorFlow, PyTorch, Caffe, or another common framework;
- Expertise in Python, Java, or C++
- Demonstrated ability to maintain currency with the latest developments in your field
- Personal drive and intellectual curiosity to do what hasn’t been done before, coupled with an appreciation for overcoming challenges
Strongly Preferred Qualifications
- Real-world experience with mobile autonomous systems such as robots, cars, and UAVs
- Familiarity with sensors including cameras, radar, and lidar
- Expertise in developing for GPU computation
- Experience optimizing trained deep learning models for deployment
- Software development experience in a production environment
- Daily lunch and snacks, happy hours; social outings
- Exceptional PPO medical, dental and vision benefits 100% covered for employee and their family/dependents
- Generous PTO of 5 weeks (25 days) in addition to national holidays
- Tuition reimbursement, professional development or $15,000 for flight training
- 3 months paid parental leave from Day 1
- Employee discounts through Airbus Tickets @Work, gym subsidy & more
A³ by Airbus is the Silicon Valley R&D outpost of Airbus. The mission of Airbus is to make things fly. Our job at A³ is very simple: we seek to disrupt Airbus (and the competition) before anyone else can. And in the process, we are setting out to build the future of flight.
At A³, we execute projects and foster partnerships. Projects are ambitious, risky and time-constrained undertakings that culminate in a demonstration at convincing scale—something that’s more than a mere prototype, but somewhat short of a product.
A³ develops technology partnerships enabling us to work within the Silicon Valley ecosystem to meet project objectives while connecting our parent company to new developments and the talent here. We also strive to partner with different elements of Airbus to serve as transition targets and sponsors of projects that emerge from A³.
About A³ by Airbus Group
Mission Imagine a world without boundaries, free of constraints. It’s a place to innovate, to discover, to create, to explore. Enter this world with your eyes wide open, with your ideas intact as you journey into the unknown. Dare to redefine the future. We are the Silicon Valley outpost of Airbus, a global leader in aviation and aerospace innovation. We believe that the future is created through episodic disruption with intervening periods of incremental innovation. Our mission is to build the future of flight now. We solve big problems by employing world-class experts and by developing fertile partnerships. Our projects are built on rigorous analysis, novel insights, and commitment to unreasonable goals. Exploration is unsettling, and only when we disrupt Airbus, its competitors, and the entire industry will we consider our goals achieved and our mission a success. Join us on our bold voyage.
Want to learn more about A³ by Airbus Group? Visit A³ by Airbus Group's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Test Engineer
Visa, Austin TX, US
Software Engineer, Storage Engines, Sydney
Sales Engineer, Singapore
Shape Security, Singapore/APAC
JOOR, Madrid, Spain
Paytm Labs, Noida, Bangalore
Software Test Engineer
TradeRev, Chicago, Illinois