A3 by Airbus is the Silicon Valley outpost of Airbus. The mission of Airbus is to make things fly. Our job at A3 is very simple: we seek to disrupt Airbus (and the competition) before anyone else can. And in the process, we are setting out to build the future of flight.
At A3, we execute projects and foster partnerships. Projects are ambitious, risky, time-constrained undertakings that culminate in a demonstration at convincing scale—something that’s more than a mere prototype, but somewhat short of a product. A3 partnerships — with startups, established companies, and research institutions — power our projects and allow us to work successfully within the Silicon Valley ecosystem. They often connect our parent company to new developments and talent here too. We also strive to partner with different elements of Airbus to serve as transition targets for projects that emerge from A3.
You are a Jackalope of all trades. You are that rare creature at the intersection of a dreamer, a project manager, a chief engineer, and an evangelist. You are the world’s leading expert in your domain and you have an idea that will disrupt it. You are passionate about bringing this idea to life and can justify your idea through rigorous quantitative analysis. You’ll develop a project execution plan that is aggressive, flexible, and unencumbered by process. You will recruit the world’s top mind share in the field, and then you’ll run like hell. You’ll exercise total responsibility for project execution, including technical progress and oversight, leadership of and integration across the performer team, negotiation of business terms with key partners. And yes, budget and milestone tracking, reporting, etc. You will also be the spokesperson for your project, both internally and publicly.
So what does a jackalope look like? Apart from the regal antlers and radiant pelt, you will probably have many of the following attributes:
- Be a world-class expert in a field of technology or business relevant to one or more of the focus areas of the innovation center. This is frequently—but not always—evidenced by a PhD in a relevant field of study, a distinguished record of research, and/or one or more successful projects or products of recognized importance.
- Demonstrated ability to reason rigorously about technology or business models at varying levels of abstraction: from the detailed to the macro scale, and to identify key parameters, extract and synthesize empirical trends and theoretical limits.
- Be a polished executive, including the ability to lead teams, communicate effectively, understand contracts and intellectual property, negotiate relationships, and manage schedules and budgets.
- Demonstrated track record of end-to-end project execution, preferably culminating in one or more successful products.
- Possess a strong professional network within their domain of expertise, including leading academics, industrial players, consultants, entrepreneurs, government agencies and regulators, etc.
- Impatience and burning desire to execute rapidly, along with a healthy skepticism for process. We view you as a senior executive within A³ and Airbus writ large; as such, you will report directly to the CEO of A³.
If you think this is you, please send us your CV along with 1-2 pages (no more, please!) describing one or more notional project concepts that you might want to pursue, and how you’d go about it. This doesn’t have to be what you ultimately work on. But we are interested to see what excites you.
By the way, you might be interested to know that we offer a killer benefits package as well as a flight training benefit, just in case you don’t already have your pilot’s license!
About A³ by Airbus Group
Mission Imagine a world without boundaries, free of constraints. It’s a place to innovate, to discover, to create, to explore. Enter this world with your eyes wide open, with your ideas intact as you journey into the unknown. Dare to redefine the future. We are the Silicon Valley outpost of Airbus, a global leader in aviation and aerospace innovation. We believe that the future is created through episodic disruption with intervening periods of incremental innovation. Our mission is to build the future of flight now. We solve big problems by employing world-class experts and by developing fertile partnerships. Our projects are built on rigorous analysis, novel insights, and commitment to unreasonable goals. Exploration is unsettling, and only when we disrupt Airbus, its competitors, and the entire industry will we consider our goals achieved and our mission a success. Join us on our bold voyage.
Want to learn more about A³ by Airbus Group? Visit A³ by Airbus Group's website.
Jobs You May Like
Product Manager, Terraform Open Source
HashiCorp, US or Canada (Remote)
Director of Product, Web Services
Skillz, San Francisco
GitHub, HQ - San Francisco
User Experience Designer
Jampp, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Director - Product Management
Gwynnie Bee, New Delhi, India
Lalamove, Hong Kong