Project Wayfinder is building scalable, certifiable autonomy systems to power self-piloted aircraft applications throughout Airbus, from small urban air vehicles (aka air taxis) to large commercial airplanes. Our team of experts is driving the maturation of machine learning and other core technologies for autonomous flight; we are creating a reference architecture that includes hardware, software, and a data-driven development process to allow aircraft to perceive and react to their environment. Autonomous flight is transforming the transportation industry - our team is at the heart of this revolution.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will report to the Head of Software at Wayfinder. On our team, software engineers have a wide range of responsibilities, including software system architecture, moving deep learning methods from prototype to deployment, building sensor interfaces, designing and implementing perception algorithms, and more. You will contribute to all levels of testing, from unit tests to hardware-in-loop simulation tests to flight tests. We are a lean, fast-moving team, so we value flexibility and the personal drive to identify and tackle hard problems.
- Design, implement, and ship code for Wayfinder’s core products
- Work with other engineers to ensure that code follows best practices and is of consistently high quality across our entire codebase
- Provide technical leadership for an engineering area or product
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a related discipline
- 5+ years of progressive experience in software engineering following industry best practices, including standardized use of source control and peer code review
- 2+ years of progressive experience developing software for complex robotics or hardware systems
- Demonstrated ability to write clear, well-structured, and well-documented code
- Proficiency in C/C++ and Python
- A flexible, pragmatic attitude to contribute across various efforts as needed
Strongly preferred qualifications:
- Real-world experience developing production quality or safety-certifiable software for critical physical systems such as aircraft, cars, servers, or robots
- Familiarity with techniques in simulation, computer vision, computer graphics, or machine learning
- Working understanding of physics and linear algebra
- Working understanding of aviation and aerospace engineering
- Daily lunch and snacks, happy hours; social outings
- Exceptional PPO medical, dental and vision benefits 100% covered for employee and their family/dependents
- Generous PTO of 5 weeks (25 days) in addition to 10 national holidays
- Tuition reimbursement for professional development or $15,750 for flight training
- 3 months paid parental leave from Day 1
- Employee discounts through Airbus Tickets @Work, gym subsidy and more
About A³ by Airbus Group
Mission Imagine a world without boundaries, free of constraints. It’s a place to innovate, to discover, to create, to explore. Enter this world with your eyes wide open, with your ideas intact as you journey into the unknown. Dare to redefine the future. We are the Silicon Valley outpost of Airbus, a global leader in aviation and aerospace innovation. We believe that the future is created through episodic disruption with intervening periods of incremental innovation. Our mission is to build the future of flight now. We solve big problems by employing world-class experts and by developing fertile partnerships. Our projects are built on rigorous analysis, novel insights, and commitment to unreasonable goals. Exploration is unsettling, and only when we disrupt Airbus, its competitors, and the entire industry will we consider our goals achieved and our mission a success. Join us on our bold voyage.
Want to learn more about A³ by Airbus Group? Visit A³ by Airbus Group's website.
A membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid