As an intern at Wayfinder, you will work on meaningful engineering systems, not toy problems. You will contribute to scalable, robust, creative solutions alongside a small team of multidisciplinary engineers with a wealth of experience in aerospace, automotive, deep learning, and software.
- Support the development, integration, and testing of autonomy software and hardware
- Create and test software interfaces between system components, such as sensors and computation modules
- Support field testing of our systems, some of which fly on real manned aircraft
- Significant academic background in mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering, electrical engineering, or computer science
- Working proficiency in C/C++ or Python on a Linux-based OS
- Command of software fundamentals (iteration, data structures, object oriented programming, bits and bytes) and best practices
- Familiarity with robotics algorithms, such as localization, sensor fusion, image/signal processing, guidance, navigation, and control
- Real-world experience with autonomous systems (e.g. mobile robots, cars, aircraft) and related sensors (e.g. lidar, radar, cameras, inertial measurement units)
- Intellectual curiosity to do what hasn’t been done before, coupled with a drive to overcome challenges
- CAD/CAM, rapid prototyping, additive and subtractive manufacturing
- Environmental testing (thermal, vibration, EMI/EMC)
- Cross-platform software development (e.g., x86 and ARM architectures)
- Robot Operating System (ROS)
- Continuous integration frameworks (e.g. Jenkins)
- Aviation and piloting experience
- A passion for making things fly
- 12-weeks competitively paid internship experience
- Daily lunch and snacks, social events & outings
- 1:1 mentorship with a very top notch engineer in the field
- Opportunity of a lifetime to explore intellectually challenging & meaningful projects
A³ by Airbus is the Silicon Valley R&D outpost of Airbus. The mission of Airbus is to make things fly. Our job at A³ is very simple: we seek to disrupt Airbus (and the competition) before anyone else can. And in the process, we are setting out to build the future of flight.
At A³, we execute projects and foster partnerships. Projects are ambitious, risky and time-constrained undertakings that culminate in a demonstration at convincing scale—something that’s more than a mere prototype, but somewhat short of a product.
A³ develops technology partnerships enabling us to work within the Silicon Valley ecosystem to meet project objectives while connecting our parent company to new developments and the talent here. We also strive to partner with different elements of Airbus to serve as transition targets and sponsors of projects that emerge from A³.
About A³ by Airbus Group
Mission Imagine a world without boundaries, free of constraints. It’s a place to innovate, to discover, to create, to explore. Enter this world with your eyes wide open, with your ideas intact as you journey into the unknown. Dare to redefine the future. We are the Silicon Valley outpost of Airbus, a global leader in aviation and aerospace innovation. We believe that the future is created through episodic disruption with intervening periods of incremental innovation. Our mission is to build the future of flight now. We solve big problems by employing world-class experts and by developing fertile partnerships. Our projects are built on rigorous analysis, novel insights, and commitment to unreasonable goals. Exploration is unsettling, and only when we disrupt Airbus, its competitors, and the entire industry will we consider our goals achieved and our mission a success. Join us on our bold voyage.
Want to learn more about A³ by Airbus Group? Visit A³ by Airbus Group's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer - Front End
Carbon, Redwood City
Intermediate Android Developer (SDII)
TradeRev, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Staff Backend/API Engineer (Pricing)
Getaround, San Francisco
Cleared Full-Stack Java Developer
Kensho, Washington DC
Senior Software Engineer (Android)
Director of Security Engineering
Tinder, Los Angeles