As a System Engineer, you will report to the Chief Engineer at Wayfinder. You will support a rapidly growing team in the development of complex systems involving both software and hardware workstreams. Working closely with design engineers, certification, safety, and security specialists, you will ensure systems on the vehicle and on the ground are developed and operate as a cohesive whole. You will also ensure continual alignment of all stakeholders, flag potential deviations, and provide insights for a more effective coordination of engineering activities.
- Conduct trade studies and functional analyses, develop and maintain configuration management system
- Define, collect, and maintain requirements, specifications, and technical documentation
- Ensure traceability and compliance throughout design, verification, and validation in accordance with industry standards
- Support the Chief Engineer in making strategic decisions on system design and architecture
- Bachelor’s degree in aerospace and/or system engineering or a related discipline
- 4+ years of professional system engineering experience in aerospace
- Familiarity with requirement management tools, model based system engineering tools and product life-cycle management tools
- Ability to effectively communicate across different teams and stakeholders
- A flexible, get-it-done attitude to contribute across the project as needed
- Knowledge of aerospace standards (ARP4754, ARP476, DO-160, DO-178, DO-254) or the automotive industry (ISO 26262)
- Experience with certified hardware (camera, radars, computers) and software
- Experience in performing component evaluation, selection, and testing
- Experience with general aviation aircraft operations
About A³ by Airbus Group
Mission Imagine a world without boundaries, free of constraints. It’s a place to innovate, to discover, to create, to explore. Enter this world with your eyes wide open, with your ideas intact as you journey into the unknown. Dare to redefine the future. We are the Silicon Valley outpost of Airbus, a global leader in aviation and aerospace innovation. We believe that the future is created through episodic disruption with intervening periods of incremental innovation. Our mission is to build the future of flight now. We solve big problems by employing world-class experts and by developing fertile partnerships. Our projects are built on rigorous analysis, novel insights, and commitment to unreasonable goals. Exploration is unsettling, and only when we disrupt Airbus, its competitors, and the entire industry will we consider our goals achieved and our mission a success. Join us on our bold voyage.