Project Wayfinder is building scalable, certifiable autonomy systems to power the next generation of commercial aircraft. Our team of experts is driving the maturation of machine learning and other core technologies for autonomous flight; we are creating a reference architecture that includes hardware, software, and a data-driven development process to allow aircraft to perceive and react to their environment. Autonomous flight is transforming the transportation industry, and our team is at the heart of this revolution.
Join us in shaping the future of autonomous flying! Simulation is a core component to the development and testing of our autonomy technology. The simulation team is building dynamic, photorealistic, simulated flying environments to train and validate our neural networks. During the internship you will have a hands-on role writing the software and building the pipelines to render those photorealistic worlds.
- Develop tools for automated generation of photorealistic synthetic image data, as well as automated annotation of simulation imagery
- Work with other engineers to integrate simulation tools in software-in-the-loop and hardware-in-the-loop pipelines
- Support machine learning engineers with their data generation needs
- Significant academic background in computer science, electrical engineering, or a related field
- A high level of proficiency in C/C++ and Python
- Knowledge of computer graphics (e.g., OpenGL, Vulkan, shaders, rendering, raytracing, camera modeling)
- Command of software engineering (data structures, performance, multi-threading programming, memory management)
- Familiarity with mathematical concepts relevant to simulation (e.g., time discretization methods, coordinate transforms, Euler angles, quaternions, moving reference frames)
- Intellectual curiosity to do what hasn’t been done before, coupled with a drive to overcome challenges
Nice-to-have experience you might bring:
- Game engines knowledge (e.g., Unity, Unreal)
- Continuous integration frameworks
- Real-world experience with autonomous systems (e.g. mobile robots, cars, aircraft) and related sensors (e.g. lidar, radar, cameras, inertial measurement units)
- A passion for making things fly
About A³ by Airbus Group
Mission Imagine a world without boundaries, free of constraints. It’s a place to innovate, to discover, to create, to explore. Enter this world with your eyes wide open, with your ideas intact as you journey into the unknown. Dare to redefine the future. We are the Silicon Valley outpost of Airbus, a global leader in aviation and aerospace innovation. We believe that the future is created through episodic disruption with intervening periods of incremental innovation. Our mission is to build the future of flight now. We solve big problems by employing world-class experts and by developing fertile partnerships. Our projects are built on rigorous analysis, novel insights, and commitment to unreasonable goals. Exploration is unsettling, and only when we disrupt Airbus, its competitors, and the entire industry will we consider our goals achieved and our mission a success. Join us on our bold voyage.
Want to learn more about A³ by Airbus Group? Visit A³ by Airbus Group's website.
Animoto turns photos and video into professional video slideshows in minutes.