Project Wayfinder is building scalable, certifiable autonomy systems to power the next generation of commercial aircraft. Our team of experts is driving the maturation of machine learning and other core technologies for autonomous flight; we are creating a reference architecture that includes hardware, software, and a data-driven development process to allow aircraft to perceive and react to their environment. Autonomous flight is transforming the transportation industry, and our team is at the heart of this revolution.
As Head of AI Data, you will report directly to the Director of Engineering of Wayfinder. You will be responsible for technical leadership in driving the topic of data for AI development and validation at Wayfinder in terms of roadmap definition, development scoping and implementation. You will be responsible for defining the AI data science roadmap within Wayfinder, and evangelize it to other Airbus entities; you will be responsible for breaking down the vision into concise and realistic work packages and implementing solutions to be used by teams at Wayfinder and within the larger Airbus.
- Lead the AI data team by example: create scalable systems using best practices and ensure your team does the same
- Guide architecture, design, and implementation decisions across Wayfinder from a AI data perspective
- Design and implement the systems needed to support Wayfinder data analysis
- Define, implement and maintain a data schema to support autonomous flying functions development
- Design and implement data mining and data filtering to provide high quality data for Machine Learning development and testings
- Drive the achievement of data variability for Machine Learning development and testing in the context of rigorous verification and validation for future certification purposes
- Drive the data labelling strategy leveraging automatic-labelling techniques developed at Wayfinder, as well as managing external suppliers of labelling services
- Master’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, applied mathematics, or a related field
- 6+ years of professional experience on data science problems applied to AI/ML
- 2+ years managing small teams in a dynamic environment
- Deep knowledge of data science and machine learning techniques/algorithms
- Proficient Python programming
- Demonstrated ability to maintain currency with the latest developments in your field
- Personal drive and intellectual curiosity to do what hasn’t been done before, coupled with an appreciation for overcoming challenges
- Excellent communication skills (strong coordination and relational skills to collaborate with customers, various internal and external stakeholders and partners)
- Real-world experience applying data science techniques to computer vision and machine learning in autonomous systems such as robots, cars, and UAVs
Strongly preferred qualifications
- Ph.D degree in computer science, electrical engineering, applied mathematics or a related field
- Experience optimizing trained deep learning models for deployment
- Software development experience in a production environment
- Experience in project management (budget, planning, risk mitigation and supplier relationship)
- Exceptional PPO medical, dental and vision benefits 100% covered for employee and their family/dependents
- Generous PTO of 5 weeks (6 weeks after two years) in addition to 10 national holidays and unlimited paid sick days
- Tuition reimbursement for professional development or $15,750 for flight training
- 3 months paid parental leave from Day 1
- Employee discounts through Airbus Tickets @Work, gym subsidy/membership and more
About A³ by Airbus Group
Mission Imagine a world without boundaries, free of constraints. It’s a place to innovate, to discover, to create, to explore. Enter this world with your eyes wide open, with your ideas intact as you journey into the unknown. Dare to redefine the future. We are the Silicon Valley outpost of Airbus, a global leader in aviation and aerospace innovation. We believe that the future is created through episodic disruption with intervening periods of incremental innovation. Our mission is to build the future of flight now. We solve big problems by employing world-class experts and by developing fertile partnerships. Our projects are built on rigorous analysis, novel insights, and commitment to unreasonable goals. Exploration is unsettling, and only when we disrupt Airbus, its competitors, and the entire industry will we consider our goals achieved and our mission a success. Join us on our bold voyage.
Want to learn more about A³ by Airbus Group? Visit A³ by Airbus Group's website.
The Leading Cognitive & Cloud Computing Company