Project Wayfinder is building scalable, certifiable autonomy systems to power the next generation of commercial aircraft. Our team of experts is driving the maturation of machine learning and other core technologies for autonomous flight; we are creating a reference architecture that includes hardware, software, and a data-driven development process to allow aircraft to perceive and react to their environment. Autonomous flight is transforming the transportation industry, and our team is at the heart of this revolution.
As a Principal Machine Learning (ML) Systems Engineer you will work in close collaboration with Wayfinder's Machine Learning and software experts as part of the systems team to design novel systems and software architectures for the integration of Wayfinder's AI-based vision technology into a range of Airbus applications with a strong emphasis on autonomous flight for commercial aircraft. You will leverage the tools, development environments, and existing software solutions developed by our team in order to propose new solutions, answer systems questions and drive feasibility studies, requirements derivation and performance analyses. You will use your industry experience in deploying safety critical software to push the maturation of our technology for introduction into service.
- Design novel systems and software architectures for the integration of our AI-based vision technology into commercial aircraft and other Airbus applications
- Provide deep technical analysis of existing or candidate solutions working in close collaboration with Wayfinder's ML and Software experts and the Systems Engineering teams
- Have the agility to drive feasibility studies, requirements derivation and performance analyses as a technical team lead as well as an individual contributor
- Provide leadership on safety critical system design and best practices in order to facilitate the integration of our solutions into certified aircraft
- Master's degree in software engineering, computer engineering, computer science, electrical engineering, or a related discipline
- 10+ years of work experience on safety critical software and systems
- Proficiency in C/C++
- A flexible, pragmatic attitude to contribute across various efforts as needed
- Personal drive and intellectual curiosity to do what hasn’t been done before, coupled with the experience to overcome challenges
- Excellent communication skills (strong coordination and relational skills to collaborate with customers, various internal and external stakeholders and partners)
Strongly preferred qualifications
- Experience in architecting perception or decision making systems and software for autonomous vehicles
- Experience in developing certified aerospace systems and software
- Proficient Python programming
- Hands on experience in the laboratory and in the hangar
- Familiarity with aircraft navigation, communication, and surveillance systems
- Exceptional PPO medical, dental and vision benefits 100% covered for employee and their family/dependents
- Generous PTO of 5 weeks (6 weeks after 2 yrs) in addition to 10 national holidays and unlimited sick days
- Tuition reimbursement for professional development or $15,750 for flight training
- 3 months paid parental leave from Day 1
- Employee discounts through Airbus Tickets @Work, gym membership/subsidy and more
About A³ by Airbus Group
Mission Imagine a world without boundaries, free of constraints. It’s a place to innovate, to discover, to create, to explore. Enter this world with your eyes wide open, with your ideas intact as you journey into the unknown. Dare to redefine the future. We are the Silicon Valley outpost of Airbus, a global leader in aviation and aerospace innovation. We believe that the future is created through episodic disruption with intervening periods of incremental innovation. Our mission is to build the future of flight now. We solve big problems by employing world-class experts and by developing fertile partnerships. Our projects are built on rigorous analysis, novel insights, and commitment to unreasonable goals. Exploration is unsettling, and only when we disrupt Airbus, its competitors, and the entire industry will we consider our goals achieved and our mission a success. Join us on our bold voyage.
Want to learn more about A³ by Airbus Group? Visit A³ by Airbus Group's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer, Developer Tools (Senior/Lead/Principal)
Magic Leap, Inc., Austin, TX OR Plantation, FL (HQ) OR Sunnyvale, CA