The Advanced Digital Design and Manufacturing (ADAM) project seeks to accelerate Airbus’ transition towards digital design and manufacturing. The team is uniquely positioned to identify and innovate on emerging technologies with collaborators in Silicon Valley and across the globe. ADAM provides a platform to drastically reduce aerospace product lead-times and production costs. Through our tool-agnostic framework, we integrate existing and newly developed software solutions. We provide easy-to-use tools to design and automate processes in aerospace manufacturing.
Your role as a Data Engineer will be to assist the Engineering Manager in delivering high value projects with a focus on speed, quality and cost. You are comfortable using supplied data to make informed decisions regarding implementation of software use cases, and enjoy working in an agile work environment, where quick delivery, constant testing and iteration are the norm. As our projects are “outside-the-box” by design, you are someone who will naturally seek, investigate and implement creative solutions to challenges and obstacles that emerge.
- Work collaboratively with ADAM and Airbus subject matter experts to document, organize and analyze various datasets in Airbus’ Skywise platform and others
- Design and develop processes to identify data irregularities
- Develop data pipelines with Airbus enterprise datasources
- Participate in code and architecture reviews
- Work in close collaboration with the team on data science initiatives: e.g. preparing data, identifying features
- Produce documentation in multiple formats to support project needs including milestone, monthly and quarterly reports
- Pursue program-specific tasks and issues identified by the ADAM Team
- Experience with Python or Java
- Experience in SQL
- Experience using and connecting to REST APIs
- Experience in creating ETL and Data Pipelines
- Experience in architecting and building data processing systems
- Experience working with a source control tool such as Git or Subversion
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A Bachelor's degree in a technical field (computer science, mathematics, etc) with 1-2 years of related experience
- Documented proof of fully vaccinated status required (or qualify for an exemption)
- Familiarity with SAP
- Experience with PySpark
- Familiarity with Amazon S3 data storage
- Familiarity with Palantir Foundry
- Exceptional PPO medical, dental and vision benefits 100% of premiums covered for employee and their family/dependents
- Generous PTO of 5 weeks (6 weeks after two years) in addition to 11 national holidays and unlimited paid sick days
- Professional development reimbursement or $15,750 for flight training
- 3 months paid parental leave from Day 1
- Employee discounts through Airbus Tickets @Work, gym subsidy/membership and more
* Note that Acubed does not offer sponsorship of employment-based nonimmigrant visa petitions for this role.
About A³ by Airbus Group
Mission Imagine a world without boundaries, free of constraints. It’s a place to innovate, to discover, to create, to explore. Enter this world with your eyes wide open, with your ideas intact as you journey into the unknown. Dare to redefine the future. We are the Silicon Valley outpost of Airbus, a global leader in aviation and aerospace innovation. We believe that the future is created through episodic disruption with intervening periods of incremental innovation. Our mission is to build the future of flight now. We solve big problems by employing world-class experts and by developing fertile partnerships. Our projects are built on rigorous analysis, novel insights, and commitment to unreasonable goals. Exploration is unsettling, and only when we disrupt Airbus, its competitors, and the entire industry will we consider our goals achieved and our mission a success. Join us on our bold voyage.
Want to learn more about A³ by Airbus Group? Visit A³ by Airbus Group's website.
A membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid