AWS Big Data Engineer
Accenture, Multiple Locations, USA
Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives.
Position: Full - time
Travel: 100% travel
Join Accenture Digital and leave your digital mark on the world, enhancing millions of lives through digital transformation. Where you can create the best customer experiences and be a catalyst for first-to-market digital products and solutions using machine-learning, AI, big data and analytics, cloud, mobility, robotics and the industrial internet of things. Your work will redefine the way entire industries work in every corner of the globe.
You’ll be part of a team with incredible end-to-end digital transformation capabilities that shares your passion for digital technology and takes pride in making a tangible difference. If you want to contribute on an incredible array of the biggest and most complex projects in the digital space, consider a career with Accenture Digital.
- Minimum 6 months of designing, building and operationalizing large scale enterprise data solutions and applications using one or more of AWS data and analytics services in combination with 3rd parties - Spark, EMR, DynamoDB, RedShift, Kinesis, Lambda, Glue, Snowflake etc.
- Minimum 6 months of hands-on experience analyzing, re-architecting and re-platforming on-premise data warehouses to data platforms on AWS cloud using AWS/3rd party services.
- Minimum 6 months of designing and building production data pipelines from ingestion to consumption within a hybrid big data architecture, using Java, Python, Scala etc.
- Minimum 6 months of architecting and implementing next generation data and analytics platforms on AWS cloud.
- Minimum 6 months of designing and implementing data engineering, ingestion and curation functions on AWS cloud using AWS native or custom programming.
- Minimum 6 months of experience in performing detail assessments of current state data platforms and creating an appropriate transition path to AWS cloud.
- Hands-on AWS experience with a minimum of 1 solutions designed and implemented at production scale.
- Minimum 6 months of experience in architecting large-scale data solutions, performing architectural assessments, crafting architectural options and analysis, finalizing preferred solution alternative working with IT and Business stakeholders.
- 6 months of hands-on experience designing and implementing data ingestion solutions on AWS using AWS native services or with 3rd parties such as Talend, Informatica.
- 6 months of hands-on experience architecting and designing data lakes on AWS cloud serving analytics and BI application integrations.
- Minimum 6 months of experience in designing and optimizing data models on AWS cloud using AWS data stores such as Redshift, RDS.
- Minimum 6 months of experience integrating AWS or 3rd party KMS, HSM with AWS data services for building secure data solutions.
- Minimum 6 months of experience introducing and operationalizing self-service data preparation tools (e.g. Trifacta, Paxata) on AWS.
- Minimum 6 months of architecting and operating large production Hadoop/NoSQL clusters on premise or using Cloud services.
- Minimum 6 months of architecting and implementing metadata management on AWS.
- Architecting and implementing data governance and security for data platforms on AWS.
- Designing operations architecture and conducting performance engineering for large scale data lakes a production environment.
- Craft and lead client design workshops and provide tradeoffs and recommendations towards building solutions.
- Author blog entries and whitepapers on AWS data solutions, architecture and strategic topics.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Technical Science or 3 years of technical architecture and build experience with large scale solutions.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration. Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. Job Candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Work where you’re inspired to explore your passions, where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine. And get the tools you need to keep learning and growing so you stay continually ahead of the game while making a difference in the world. With approximately 442,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives.
Be a Better Accenture Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Accenture when you watch classes taught by their top employees.