Industrial Design Director - Fjord
Accenture, CA - San Francisco, USA
Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives.
- To lead or provide oversight for our multi-disciplinary teams, directing the definition of the overall design vision, strategy, execution, and delivery through all stages of the project from conceptual work through to refinement, documentation, and launch. You will oversee multiple projects simultaneously, closely collaborating with principal and senior-level designers to ensure the design vision is upheld during design execution and delivery of a project.
- Develop and nurture strong client and stakeholder relationships that position we are a trusted advisor and partner.
- Actively participate and lead business development efforts, including meetings and presentations, to help grow our client portfolio.
- As co-lead on business development efforts, the Creative Director will be responsible for directing a team through the development of a complete design proposal, and for collaborating with the Business Development team and/or Client Services partners.
- To grow, develop, and maintain our unique point-of-view, proprietary thinking and methodologies related to design, and to share this through training and mentorship internally, and externally by demonstrating thought-leadership at industry conferences and in publications.
- To manage up to 5 reports from a variety of design disciplines. In the role of a manager, the Creative Director will be responsible for managing and mentoring their reports’ growth, conducting regular one-on-ones, and providing their reports’ with yearly performance evaluations.
- 10+ years of practical experience in design
- 4+ years’ experience managing 4 or more direct reports
- 5+ years managing design projects
- A Master’s Degree in design is preferred. Acceptable disciplines are industrial design, interaction design or human-computer interaction (HCI), graphic design, or related discipline
- An exceptional portfolio of work that demonstrates a significant breadth of experience in solving complex, large-scale design challenges, collaborating with and managing multiple stakeholders across disciplines, and delivering meaningful innovation in products and/or design processes and methodologies
- Your work is recognized as groundbreaking and world-class in the broader design community and you have been awarded patents and design awards
- Internationally acclaimed industry leader w/experience speaking at events/conferences and/or through published content
- Best-in-class mastery of at least one of our key creative disciplines: industrial design, interaction design, and or the visual design, and a proficient understanding of the disciplines that have not been mastered
- Mastery of qualitative and quantitative design research methodologies, and experience participating in, or conducting, medium to large research projects, from qualitative consumer ethnography to analytics-based A/B testing
- Mastery in leading creative teams throughout all stages of a design project, from research to ideation, to detailed design, to documentation and delivery
- Experience leading multiple simultaneous projects is required
- Best-in-class mastery in presenting design work to audiences of senior industry executives, VCs, academics, and others
- Exceptional client management skills
- Clear ability to lead and inspire multi-disciplinary teams
- Deep familiarity with a range of product development processes (e.g. waterfall and agile)
- Deep experience in collaborating with multiple stakeholders across disciplines
- Organized, detail-oriented, and self-motivated
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, interpersonal and time-management skills
- Must bring passion, positivity, energy and enthusiasm to our team
- Must hold a valid US Works Visa, if international
Work where you’re inspired to explore your passions, where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine. And get the tools you need to keep learning and growing so you stay continually ahead of the game while making a difference in the world. With approximately 442,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives.
Be a Better Accenture Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Accenture when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Accenture? Visit Accenture's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Product Designer, Partner Platform
Shopify, Ottawa, Canada
Lead Product Designer
Product Designer, Native Apps
Kickstarter, Brooklyn, NY
Senior Brand Designer
Casper, New York
Internship Interaction Design
Dept, Amsterdam / Rotterdam
United Technologies Digital, New York