Big Data Consultant
Accenture, Ontario - Toronto, Canada
Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives.
- Adapts existing methods and procedures to create possible alternative solutions to moderately complex problems.
- Understands the strategic direction set by senior management as it relates to team goals.
- Uses considerable judgment to determine solution and seeks guidance on complex problems.
- Primary upward interaction is with direct supervisor.
- May interact with peers and/or management levels at a client and/or within Accenture.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments with guidance. Decisions often impact the team in which they reside.
- Manages small teams and/or work efforts (if in an individual contributor role) at a client or within Accenture.
- Ability to meet travel requirements
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in Data Analytics/ Data analysis
- Minimum 3 years of Java/Scala, Python, R, Pig programming, and/or HiveQL experience
- Minimum 3 years implementing analytic solutions in large scale, distributed environments using techniques such as machine learning, forecasting, clustering, sentiment analysis, etc.
- Minimum 3 years implementing relational data models
- Minimum 3 years working with traditional ETL tools and other streaming tools such as Kafka, Storm, or Spark Streaming
- 2 years’ experience with BI/Architecture and Cognos
- Bachelors Degree
- Math or Engineering Background
- Full life cycle Development
- Experience with Greenplum, Exadata, Cassandra, Spark, HBase, graphDBs, key-value stores, or NoSQL systems.
- Experience using search tools such as Elasticsearch or Solr
- Experience using advanced analytic tools such as Mahout, Scikit-learn, MLLib, or other related toolkits
- Experience with authentication security protocols (Kerberos, Knox or Ranger)
- Industry experience (financial services, resources, healthcare, government, products, communications, high tech)
- Data Visualization (Tableau, Qlikview, Matplotlib)
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Desire to work in distributed information systems environments
- Excellent leadership, management, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to build, manage, and foster a team-oriented environment.
- Can work with minimal supervision and is a self starter.
- Able to work in a consultative manner to address client requirements and work collaboratively on a target solution.
- Ability to use Word and PowerPoint in order to articulate the proposed solution and proposal.
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
Work where you’re inspired to explore your passions, where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine. And get the tools you need to keep learning and growing so you stay continually ahead of the game while making a difference in the world. With approximately 442,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives.
Be a Better Accenture Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Accenture when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Accenture? Visit Accenture's website.
Jobs You May Like
Eventbrite, Mendoza, Argentina
Senior Software Engineer - Growth
Udemy, U.S.A., San Francisco
Product Manager - Messaging
Site Reliability Engineer - Berlin
Coffee Meets Bagel, SF or Seattle
Software Engineer - Backend
Affirm, San Francisco, CA