Design Director – Fjord
Accenture, NY - New York, USA
Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives.
- Lead and inspire design teams and individuals.
- Provide oversight and lead design activities across client and internal projects.
- Create opportunities to solve business challenges with design excellence.
- Drive design quality, practice, and offerings that meet business and user goals as well as create new offerings within Fjord.
- Lead design points of view, proposal creation, and relationship management across one to two key clients.
- Deeply understand the market and can speak to our clients and the industry about our content, craft, and trends.
- Own craft and capability output across key projects, ensuring each project deliverable is of the highest quality.
- Assess performance and provide career guidance and performance decisions for members of the studio Design team.
- Provide directional oversight of individual project team's work and assume overall accountability for it.
- Develop pitch decks and project approaches that lead to exciting, inspiring, and well-shaped work for our Design team.
- Cultivate relationships with new and existing clients.
- Create environments where our design teams can do high-quality work for our clients.
- Uncover opportunities to apply design thinking to solve challenges for key accounts.
- Build and strengthen the multidisciplinary skillsets of design teams across the studio.
- Ability to learn new software quickly; experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, Axure, Confluence, or JIRA is a plus.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with driving and applying user-centered design processes while working collaboratively with customers, along with cross-functional teams including engineering, product management, and user research.
- Mastery in two to three areas of expertise such as Service Design, Visual Design, Interaction Design, or Content Design.
- Proven history of managing cross-functional teams to create a powerful, effective, and coherent design solution.
- Highly proactive with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- 10 years of relevant industry experience
- 4 years leadership/management experience; demonstrated experience leading multiple cross-discipline teams.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a design discipline; a master’s degree is preferred.
Work where you’re inspired to explore your passions, where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine. And get the tools you need to keep learning and growing so you stay continually ahead of the game while making a difference in the world. With approximately 442,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives.
Be a Better Accenture Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Accenture when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Accenture? Visit Accenture's website.
Jobs You May Like
Palantir Technologies, London, United Kingdom
Product Designer, Native Apps
Kickstarter, Brooklyn, NY
Age of Empires - Franchise Narrative Lead
Relic Entertainment, Vancouver, BC
Product Experience Designer (intermediate to senior)
Senior Front-end Developer
Brand Value Accelerator, San Diego
Research Associate - Protein Engineering
Ginkgo Bioworks, Boston, MA