Federal - Senior Software Engineer
Accenture, VA - Reston, USA
Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives.
Here's what you need:
• Bachelor’s Degree in a technical major such as Computer Science
• Minimum 5 years of experience with developing code for a distributed programming system with one or more: C#, .NET, Python, Java, C++
• Demonstrated experience working on programs using software engineering practices and coding
Bonus Points if:
• Experience creating, developing, delivering, deploying, maintaining online services
• Experience with multi-threaded/parallel programming
• Proven ability to plan, schedule and deliver quality software
• Extensive knowledge and experience designing for operability
• Experience in developing in the cloud (AWS/Azure/Google)
• Ability to debug and optimize code, and automate routine tasks
• Interest or exposure to networking technologies/concepts such as Software Defined Networking (SDN) and OpenFlow.
• Experience with TCP/IP, BGP, ANYCAST, IS-IS
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture Federal Services. Accenture Federal Services is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Equal Employment Opportunity: All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process. Accenture Federal Services is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women. Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration. An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Work where you’re inspired to explore your passions, where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine. And get the tools you need to keep learning and growing so you stay continually ahead of the game while making a difference in the world. With approximately 442,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives.
Be a Better Accenture Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Accenture when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Accenture? Visit Accenture's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.